Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Metric dimensions?
Post Metric dimensions? 
One enhancement I'd like to see would be the ability to select metric rather than imperial scale measurements for the garden. Most of us around the world work in metres and centimetres now. Smile

Similarly, being able to display dates in the logs in the format that most non-US types use - DD-MM-YY - would be fantastic. That part would presumably just be a cosmetic hack?

I like the two calendars for harvest and work done. It'd be nice to have a "planning" calendar for scheduling work, like sowing/planting out. Maybe it could be a addition for the harvest calendar, the "to do" stuff in a different colour?

Also, I think the Harvest calendar is a tiny bit cumbersome as it is. I think it makes more sense to have all the plants in a variety agregated together as one harvest (ie. not to have the peppers listed as redpeppers12, redpeppers13, greenpeppers21, greenpeppers22... - it could just list redpeppers, greenpeppers). It means that everyone would have to spell their variety names consistently, but since most of them are in the lists, it's no big deal. I think it'd only be very few people who are measuring harvest by individual plant or by row (which is a bunch of plants anyway).

Trix (who will be signing up shortly, when we get to growing season in Australia)

Post Metric and Dates in current online version 
You must be using the downloadable version. That is 1.11 and doesn't have the new date format included.
But the online version does. The online version always has the latest features and the downloadable version will always lag behind a bit.

I am interested in your planning callendar idea. I will mull that over and may bounce a few ideas off you later.

I am looking at new ways to represent the harvest calendar. Other users have made similar comments, so that is being consider now for work.

Thanks for the great input and feedback.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1