Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
What about Moon Phases
Post What about Moon Phases 
I hope not to be flamed for this, but I am an old gardener and computer geek (some combination?) I am new to plangarden, but not to planting by moon phases. It works!! I have looked around but find no information about planting by the moon within Plangarden. This program would be the ultimate of all gardening tools if it could be enhanced with moon gardening guidance. The absolute best I have found, other than the published almanacs is at www.gardeningbythemoon.com. ( this is not a commercial for them).

And no, I am not an inpatient at a mental facility. There is a reason the "old timers" used moon planting. IT WORKS WONDERFULLY. Before we forgot our connection to nature we knew this. This was a time when we absolutely depended on our ability to produce our own food.

Thoughts anyone?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Gardening by the Moon 
This "phenomenon" was, as you say, a key consideration when we used to rely more on nature's signals to cultivate our food. We have purchased their calendar and are grateful that this knowledge still is being used by "old timers" Smile

We have a lot of cool useability features that we'd like to implement. Our plant library will be launched in March. When that happens, I think it would be possible to add certain lunar phase data, but that will be further down the road.

Thanks for the suggestion!

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1