Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Unable To Scroll Garden
Post Unable To Scroll Garden 
I have a garden plot 26' x 54'. I cannot see the entire plot on my screen nor does the plot scroll to allow me to do so. I did get it to scroll once when I initialized the application but after adding the grid it stopped. Even if I remove the gird, the display will not scroll. What am I doing wrong.

Also, how do I change the grid size to 2'?

Confused

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Sorry no scroll, just autosize and a patch 
Gordonsutton,

There is no scrolling inside the application now. So I don't know what you might have been scrolling,
Autosize is how you set the program to make sure that you garden doesn't run off the page.
It looks like you have done that and you have your garden running top to bottom.
If you run right to left then it will scale better, but that is a personal choice as to how you view your garden.

Is you screen size 800x600? This program has been made to run at 1024x768.

As a temporary fix I have changed the code in the My Account page to allow scrollbars. I should have done this a while back.
You can click on the link in the middle of the page to start the application at:
http://www.plangarden.com/main.php

Currently the grid is set to 1 foot grids, mainly for people that use square foot gardening. Haven't thought about making adjustable grides.
One thing you can do is maybe use "Lines" and put a few on your garden as markers so you know some relative distances. Use the ruler to get the distances right. Personally, I would just use a few as guides and not make a whole 2 ft grid with them.

Trust me that I am not trying to ignore your problems and give you cruddy solutions. I will get back to this issue at a later time. Right now I am busy building a set of databases that will help people know when to plant. I have been thinking of the best way to handle larger gardens, zooming in and out and scrolling around. If you can hold on for a little bit, new and cool easy to use features will be developed to help you more.

Thanks,
Roy

Thanks for the information. I reoriented the garden and made my own alignment fake vegetables. Having this information, the only additional suggestion I would make is having a horizontal or vertical align capability for selected vegetables. But hey you know users. We in seconds can think of things that would take years to implement. I think your product is good and will become only better. I am glad I found it.

Post Snap to angle. 
I have a snap to a small grid right now. I think it is about 3 pixel.
I had the idea passed to me by a user a long while back to do snap to angle instead and allow about 15 degrees.
This would fix this problem pretty quickly from your point of view because it would allow all the major angles that people plant at.
I have seen gardens with 0,90 and 45 degree angles add 15 and 30 60 and I think it would make people happy.
This is on my project list, so it will get done.

I think I will bump it up in importance. The more feedback I get on a feature the more priority I give it. Of course I go for all the highest priority lowest hanging fruit first to get the most features that the most people want the quickest.

Thanks,
Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1