Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
What's missing is future planning
Post What's missing is future planning 
Seems like during these winter months of little or no activity, it would be great to be able to do some future planning using this tool. Planning out future planting dates, transplant dates, etc. And maybe some way to manage indoor seeds being sprouted. I also liked the idea of adding a source field on the plant info screen, so you can keep track of where you bought that packet of seeds that grew so well last year.

And another idea: it might be nice to show some important dates on the harvest timeline screen. Dates like start of each season, equinoxes, and full moons would be helpful in getting the picture on whats going on with your harvests. Maybe even a a few variable dates for first/last frost or other weather events such as heavy rains or unusual cold or hot weather.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
I am still on the trial version and having just planted some spring onion and carrots, thought it would be nice to get a reminder to sow another lot in a few weeks time Maybe some form of pop up or diary reminder tab included in my garden. However, so far I am enjoying using the software - it is very user friendly and packed with very useful features. Being able to directly drill into any journal entries behind a particular crop would be useful too.

Post what they said! ;^) 
i agree with DelGirl and kbuegel, all their suggestions are great. i would add some way to either:
1. have the ability to sort the Harvest lot, by perhaps multiple attributes including plant date or harvest date or alphabetically or month, or combinations;
or,
2. have an export ability, whereby the above functions could easily be handled in Excel or other tools.

a succession-planting reminder, as already mentioned, would be a definite addition. i double-endorse that one ;^)

thanks!
dave

Post Good new feature ideas 
I will be looking at all new features as we are currently in a mode of adding new features to the software.

I second future planning functionality, would be a great help.

Steve

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1