Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Final feedback.
Post Final feedback. 
Plangarden 2 is now equal to Plangarden 1 with all the original features Plus we have already added many new features.

Now is the final chance for feedback until this is released as the official version and we start adding many new features that have been in the forum and in emails.

Thansks,
Plangarden Team

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Buggy 
Very buggy! Things do not get saved etc . . . . Too much trouble.

Post Saving issue 
Hi,
I looked at your garden and see your back and side garden.
Please let me know what didn't save and I will look into it.

Last edited by roystahl on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
The side garden is supposed to be made up of 2 triangles. The shape is rectangle with one end wider than the other. Two triangles ,placed side by side, will create the shape, but for some reason, the second triangle, is gone after a save and re-load.

Thanks
Marty

After a little playing around I have found out what seems to be the problem I am having. After rotating a shape (I did this with the triangle, rectangle and ellipse) I save the garden. When I reload this garden, the shape that I rotated is not there (shapes that I did NOT rotate were saved).

It seems that for some reason, rotated shapes are not being saved.

Marty

Post Rotation now always working 
Marty,
I am glad this is what you found. I have been working on a rotation problem at the same time I was looking at your issue and it seems they are related.
This one I hope to have fixed tonight. 1/4/2009

Post Rotation working PLUS a BONUS feature added 
Hi Marty,

Sorry, took a few extra hours to deliver than I expected...
BUT was so close to being able to include text rotation once I got to this point, I couldn't resist adding in a new feature into this release.

2.02 is now out there and fixes the bug with rotating items. Before they were simply flying out of view and that problem has been fixed as they now rotate around the center of the object.

Great! I did have a lot of shapes that were off of the viewing area. And now I can rotate a shape, and have it be saved - thank you.

However, I still can not backdate log entries.

P.S. Nice touch with the text rotation, before I had to rotate each individual letter.

Thanks
Marty

Post Back dating 
Haven't been able to reproduce this, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
We are working on making a few changes to the menu bar and added a "master date" field that will be used, that should be up in the next few days along with a few other changes/fixes and improvements.

Developement will now go fairly quickly.

Hi, new to this product and gardening. It made it easier for me to envision my rotation plan, which was a big hurdle for me. Thanks. Some things I would like to see. Sorry, if I've missed an existing ability.

1. Ability to copy a plot, both blank and with vegetables so you can plan for rotational/seasonal plantings and don't have to recreate a new plot each time.

2. Ability to use shapes to create the area plant selection so you can fit your plant to your plot exactly.

3. Ability to resize/rotate text and plant descriptions.

4. Ability to move plant icon like you can the text. (Functionality should be the same on both the descriptions and icons.

5. Ability to add notes instead of in the description so you don't have great detail printing out, but you can have access to that detail, i.e. variety of a plant.

6. The creation of a grid boarder so you can begin to draw your plot on line at 1 for easy counting. I started my plot on line 5 and the existing references are not accurate.

7. Once you create your plot with the different shapes, it would be good to have a final shape button so you can move/rotate the entire plot you've created vs have to move each shape.

OK, I think that's it. I like your product a lot, hope you find the feedback helpful in your improvement efforts.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1