Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Greenhouse question
Post Greenhouse question 
Does someone have a source for 12 volt DC electronics? I have a greenhouse that I built that is out in the field near my garden and not near any commercial elect. I use 12-volt water pumps inside with a solar charger to replenish the batteries. I am working on a “stored” heat source buried in the middle of the that consists of four recycled plastic 55 gallon drums filled with large enough rock to create air spacing. My thought is to use warm/hot air from the collector to warm the rocks. I don’t like the Ida of using liquids mainly for the antifreeze involved. I am having a hard time finding 12 motors and timers and to run the operation. Anyone that has suggestions is always welcome. By the way I’m not all that savvy on electronics so go easy on me. I figure I have till next winter to perfect it.
Thanks Don.

Dome1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.83 KB
 Viewed:  6387 Time(s)

Dome1.JPG

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Electroncis for greenhouse 
Almost everything in a car is 12 volt. Battery, windshield wipers (lots of torque) for a motor. Fans for cars are 12 volt.

Type 12v timer into google and you should find some.

Make sure your solar system can charge a car battery and then you could run everything off the car battery. If it ever lost its charge, you could drive next to your greenhouse and jumpstart your garden.

Roy

Post 12 Volt Stuff 
Check Boating supply places. Also truck stops. Both have tons of 12 v stuff.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1