Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Looking for your feedback and sugg. for organic pest control
Post Looking for your feedback and sugg. for organic pest control 
Hello All,

I just read a helpful journal article reg. controlling white mildew and other pests on cucumbers and squash using diluted whole milk. Research has proved it effective...but what about all the other plants I have? Please take a look at my garden and give me any tried and true suggestions you have. I am new to veggie gardening but want to keep it organic.

Wishing you a healthy harvest! Smile

~lavender

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Gardening organicly 
Looked at your garden and your layout looks great.

There are lots of organic "solutions" out there. Some work and some don't. While I try a lot of different things in my garden. I haven't tried them all. (I haven't had all the problems yet.)

What helps in any type of gardening is becoming a P.I. (Plant Investigator). Look at your plants every few days. Just a casual walk through the garden. Turning a few leaves over. Looking for spots or signs or trouble will go a long way. If you see something that doesn't look right, then investigate further, research on the internet and ask in forums like this.

I don't think diluted milk will harm other plants. Anything organic used in moderation like milk is bio-degrade harmlessly. I don't know that for a fact, but try a little on one plant and see if it makes any difference if you are really concerned.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1