Vegetable Garden Plot

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Printing landscape
Post Printing landscape 
Hi,

Don't know if it's just me but if you use the plangarden app's print button and select landscape in your printer Properties, then you get a very distorted output (elongated - wide but squashed in the vertical axis).
However, right-clicking the very top of the page (below IE's toolbar) gives you access to IE's own print box and using this gives a proper Landscape layout and better quality output.

In case you need to know I'm using IE6 with all latest patches, Win XP Pro SP2 and a HP PSC1110 printer.

Hope someone else finds this useful. Have just planned this year's veg plot and it's been very helpful - thanks Roy.

Jeremy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post 100% correct!! Browser printing Rules 
Jeremy,
I have noticed the same thing.
Here is the behind-the-scenes peek at what is going on.

There is a built in feature in Flash that prints the stage (fancy name of the screen). This is what the "Print" button does. I have twiddled and tweaked this every way I can and still not gotten good results.

The feature that you are refering to can also be invoked by using Control+P and uses the browsers print ability. On all the printers and from all the people I have gotten feedback from, this is gives better results.

For now you can print with either option, but someday I may just get rid of the built in flash print and invoke the browser print feature by default. I will keep this and get a little more feedback to see if anyone has problems printing with the browser print features. Consider your vote as another one for canning the flash print.

Thanks for the input and I hope to hear from other users. Believe me that this software is driven by users of the forum and feedback!! You write the spec and I write the code - as best as I can.

Later,
Roy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this vegetable garden forum
You can reply to topics in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot edit your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot delete your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot vote in polls in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum