Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Printing
Post Printing 
Printing ready for testing
This version has MUCH improved abilities.

There is an offset error of 23 pixels that I aware of that dates back to 2004 if you can beleive it.
But otherwise this looks solid in testing.

Things to keep in mind:
If you are going to do lots of testing of this feature, you will want to use a PDF writer or print to file in a way you can view it.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
This is real nice. I like the three options you're presented from the software (fit to page, single wide, dbl wide). You're automatically presented with the page set up function and then the print dialog box.

I created a PDF, which included the background grid. Very nice...the offset was minor. Keep going Roy Very Happy

I like the print options. I didn't print my entire plan, only part of it, and I really like the way it printed with the background grid. Print to file worked well but I'm going to have to brush up on creating a pdf.

Post V5a printing 
Just printed garden in each of the three modes.

Fit on one page printed entire garden, portrait. Grid went to 60y on 11" side and 50y 8.5" side.

Single wide printed entire garden, landscape. Grid went 38y on 8.5" side and 50y 11" side.

Double wide printed entire garden portrait. Page one had entire garden plus additions. Grid went to 32y 11" side and 25y 8.5" side.

I think it works great. I didn't notice the offset. I think if most people want a print out of their garden, they'll try each setting then see that the double wide will be the one for them to read everything legibly.

PDF works like a charm Smile

Okay, I need help here. I've misplaced my mind and can't remember how to create a PDF.

I do like the three print options provided in the software and did print the garden plan out tonight to take to my meeting.

Post Print to PDF 
To print to PDF you need to have a PDF writter.
Adobe makes one called Acrobat Writter and costs $$.
If you don't have the Adobe writter you can use other ones like PrimoPDF writter that you can download for free.
If you type PrimoPDF into google you can find them.

Then when you go to print your document, you need to select the PDF writter as your printer instead of your real printer.
It should ask you for a file name. Make sure you check where the file is being stored so you can find it.

Let me know if that is the help you were looking for.

Post Printing PDF 
another thing you might want to check out Gardenlady is the software for your printer. Most printers now-a-days come with the ability to print a PDF when the software is installed.

Now, remember I'm a Mac person, however, seems to me when working at the bank(Windows 2000 & Citrix; HP Laser printers), I had the ability to print a PDF from any application. It was a check box (radio button) that I selected and then clicked Print. The software would "print" the document and you would see it on your desktop. This is a standard option on all Apple computers. If you don't see the check box, look in your Preferences to see if it has an option for you to choose PDF.

It might also be separate software that is included on your Printer's install disks.

Thanks guys. I can create PDF files on my work computer simply by clicking a tool bar button in any of my software applications. It's my home computer that's the problem. Since I also use my home computer to patch into the server at work the setups are nearly identical. Maybe we didn't put the PDF creator on my home computer.

I'll have to contact my IT person and see what he has to say about it.

One of my gardener volunteers is an IT professional and donated a laptop for garden use this weekend. I'm having him install a PDF writer in it for me. I'll let you know how it works once I get the laptop online.

Post 8A Printing 
this feature is working like a charm!!! Loving it!!!

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1