Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Spacing & Arrangement Data
Post Spacing & Arrangement Data 
A cool addition for plant information would be how I spaced plants (Row, Square, Circle) and what the spacing was. For rows, it would need 2 numbers (between plant and between row), squares maybe the side length and circles would be the diameter. This actually leads to another idea, being able to set the square size when displaying the grid (6" square, 8" square, 16" square, etc). If it's easier, there doesn't need to be a graphical element involved, just let me record it for Single Plant, Row or Area.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message

I think this would be an excellent idea too.

GG

Post Spacing for vegetable plants, rows and SFG. 
Spacing is already in the database version, as far as having the information.
A lot of time and thought was put into this and the one conculsion was: "The only bad way to garden is not to garden."
Thus Plangarden will not us one set of number or technique and tell you that is the only way to go.
Instead there will be support for Square Foot gardeners, which allows you to describe how many plants/foot.
It will support seed package row planting which is distance between plants and distance between rows.
Finally, just plain plant spacing. While like SFG it will have different numbers.

It will take a few releases before these features are exposed. Right now the goal is to build a strong foundation and then add in all the peices on to it.

Consider it on the list.

I'm already using the grid for spacing. In my mind I default to one square of the grid = 1 square foot and go from there. I'm used to doing garden plans the old fashioned way - on graph paper so I love using the grid.

What I would like though is being able to just put a point on the grid to indicate a plant.

For instance, a row of turnips. I have 5' wide rows, we can plant a lot of turnips, if I could just put the turnip icon at the end of the row then little bullets along the row to show the spacing it would be a great help.

I'll print this garden plan out and use it as a teaching tool for the first and second year gardeners.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1