Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Raised bed orientations
Post Raised bed orientations 
I am having a problem being able to change the orientation of the rectangular beds I have on my garden plan. Each one I add is oriented horizontally on the page, I cannot figure out how to "spin" them to reflect the real directional orientaion as they exist in the ground.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Spinning by 90 degrees 
Hi Trish.

To spin by 90 degrees, make the length the width and the width the length.
Example if you have a plot that is 4 ft by 8 ft. Make it 8 ft by 4ft.
When you click on a plot in the Lay out Plot view, the Garden Layout Editior is updated with the selected plots dimension.
There are two ways to change the plot size.
One is to type in the new values in the Garden Layout Editor window. This allows very accurate measurements to be added.
The other way is to click on the small sqaure that is on the bottom right corner and drag it by keeping the mouse cursor held down. This is a good way to get approximate size of your object and to get it oriented correctly.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Post Orientation - Again 
Thank you for your reply, but perhaps I was unclear, I am trying to orient my raised beds as they are in the real garden. I cannot "spin" the objects to achieve the correct angle at which they are oriented. Is there a way to create a rectangle then orient it at say a 45 degree angle?

Post 45 Degree Rotation 
Plangarden 2.0 will have rotation for all garden plot object expect text. Version 2.0 is still a little ways off, but will be available for testing soon.

The only way to solve your problem for getting a rectangle at an angle is to use two triangles and that is not as easy or as fun (which is one reason that I am excited about all the changes we have in version 2.0 - rotation is just one of the minor improvements.)

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1