Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
blackberries
Post blackberries 
I live in central Minnesota and I really want to plant and harvest blackberries. I have been having a hard time finding anything hardy enough to make it through our winters (zone 4). I'm considering the Illini Hardy blackberry, and have found sites where I can order them. I would like to buy Snyder or Eldorado, but I have not been able to find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy Snyder or Eldorado blackberries? does anyone have other suggestions for which type of blackberry would be hardy enought to make it through a cold Minnesota winter.

Thanks.
Josh.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Blackberries 
[size=18]Hi Dinosour. Blackberries? Here in Australia Blackberries have been a noxious pest ever since the first Englishman decided to bring them out, to remind them of home no doubt. Mostly any advice sought about them has been on how to eradicate the darn things. However there is a New Zealand variety which has five leaves instead of the usual three and have a curved hook type of thorn. They are very hardy and are prolific fruiter, I'm sorry I don't know the botanical name, but I do know they thrive in colder climes, perhaps this might steer you in a different direction. All the best and take care Jez.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1