Vegetable Garden Plot

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
having more than 1 plot
Post having more than 1 plot 
not sure if this is the right forum or not. Is there a way to have more than one garden plot under the same user name? Or would I need a second user name. Thanks,
Shelly

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Two or more plots. 
In recent days people have been getting a step or two ahead of me. I knew at some time people would ask for this, but I was hoping it would be a little further in the future so I would be closer to having the feature ready.

As for now the answer is to have two accounts. You will need a second email so it can send you the activation code. If that is a problem for you, please let me know and I will manually create an account for you so you can have two plots. This applies to anyone else that wants to do this.

(Why do I use an activation code? As with anything on the web this site is already getting spammed where people sign up just to clutter the site or post there advertisement. By requiring an activation, I weed out a lot of those users.)

I am glad to hear you are already working on this. I found this site not too long ago and it has been extremely helpful, not only for myself, but for a few of the guys I work with. I am a care provider for some mentally disabled folks a few who are interested in gardening. It has been great for helping them visualize and be as independent in planning as possible.

Word has spread and it seems, there are more interested in gardening, or at least planning out a garden then I had anticipated. I am running out of email addresses. It will be good when we are able to use multiple plots for one login.

One thought I had with being able to do multiple plots, if there could be a way to label them. On that note, being able to Label plots would be nice too. i.e. North garden, south garden, etc? right now, I just use a spare plant label that I don?t need.

Thanks again.

Post Number of plots and Text Objects in layout mode 
First, you have out smartted me with my own software. I am sure this won't be the last time. Using Vegetable names as plot names is very clever.

Your garden plot is also the most complex layout I have seen. You have done a lot without having an often times complex polygon tool.

On your suggestion for having a text object in the Lay out Plot is again one that I thought of and hadn't gotten to yet. It is easier to impliment than multiple layouts, so you may see it appear first.

As for running out of email addresses, lets try having you create as many accounts as you like using bogus emails. Then send me an email of which accounts usernames they are and I will activate them in the database. You could use your own email address, just add a number after your name: xyz1@whatever.com. Later I will merge them in under one account when that option is available.

Later,
Roy

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this vegetable garden forum
You can reply to topics in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot edit your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot delete your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot vote in polls in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum