Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
adding different shapes, I need help!!!
Post adding different shapes, I need help!!! 
Question Hi folks,
I am new at this and I am putting in a large "Memorial" flower garden in our front yard. The center is going to be a walkway in the shape of a large heart with plants in the center, is there a way to show this in my plan so when I get done with my layout, I can share it with others? I have my share disabled until I get my layout done, then plan to share it with all. I came up with this "Memorial" garden idea last year as a "Tribute" to both my parents and my mother & father-in-law because my husband and I have both lost our parents. This is a memorial tribute to both out parents because of the wonderful parents they all were. They all also loved flowers as much as we do so we have incorperated their "favorites" in special areas for them. It is still "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and we hope to have it almost completed this year or next.
Thank you , and by the way this program is really cool!! So far I am enjoying it very much!! Laughing Wink

Take care all and "HAPPY GARDENING!!" Very Happy

Wolfie in NY

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Heart shaped garden. 
Give me some of the dimension, or create it in a paint program, draw and scan and email it to me.
I would like to see if I can get you something close.

I do hear more of a call for more sophisticated shapes. This moves more CAD-like features into the software, but it seems that is what people want.

Post Heart shaped garden "REPLY""" I GOT IT, 
I figured it out!!! Very Happy and you can see my garden for yourself in my profile (I think.......hmmmmmmm) LOL. Laughing
How I got my "heart shape" was I used the triangle shape and streched it to the shape & size of my heart, then I used the curve shape (2, one for each hump on top of heart) and seperately stretched them for the top of my heart!! It came out great! I really like this program alot because before this all I could use was my own "hen scratched diagram" on paper. Thanks for the help though and yes you do hear a cry for more sophisticated shapes, also add different types of flowers and things to the plant menue if possible. Now remember, when viewing my "Memorial Garden" layout that it is UNDER CONSTRUCTION Wink , and not completed yet. I will be adding more things to my layout as we go and when it is done, I will try to figure out how to get a real picture of it to put on the site in my profile or something OK?
Thanks again and Happy planning & gardening to you and all!!!

Wolfie

Last edited by wolfie on Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wow and wholly cow! 
That is an amazing use of the program. I have seen many, but I am also touched by the creation.

Please do me one favor. Please keep a photo journal of the progress and development.
Photos are on the short list to add to Plangarden. I would like to have real pictures that went with this.

The one thing that I see that could use improvement is to have different icons for all the different varieties of flowers that you have.
So expect a new version to come out soon that will help you with that.

Great job.

BTW, if you are reading this and want a quick way to check out the wolfie's garden, click on the "View" label that is on the left side of the posts under.

Ok I will try to take photos as we go on this and then submit them when you get it into the program. I do try to take pics of my flowers as they grow though. They are one of my pride and joys (grandbabies are #1 OF COURSE!) so I do have pics of some of my plants and flowers in my bed just in front of my house I will try to do a layout of that one with the program but I need to know if we can submitt 2 projects in our profiles. I am glad you like my "Memorial Garden" of course there are little ornaments here and there that are going to be put in also so you might want to add those to your list of things to add when you add new ideas to use. I was going to put some of them in my layout but didn't because I figured people will think I am nuts if I used the icons that are available asuch as the garlic for a birdbath or an egg plant for an angel!! Laughing Laughing
Again, I do love your program and enjoy using it !!

Happy gardening and may God always tend to your gardens with you.....

"WOLFIE" Wink

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1