Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
flowers in garden
Post flowers in garden 
My garden is a combination of vegetables, annuals and perennials. Does anyone have any ideas for how you could show flowers by name in the garden plan? Confused

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Re-labeling the flower icon 
Hi Gatsby,

Yes, there is a way to type in a flower variety. There are 2 ways:

1) If you don't mind using the same icon for the different flower varieties, we do have 2 flower icons. Use the scroll bar on the "Vegetable Selector" and you should find "Flower" which looks like a marigold and "Sunflower" which is a sunflower. You CAN RE-LABEL these icons. I've attached a jpg of a section of my container garden (using 1/2 wine barrels, ergo the grape varieties Wink and you'll see how I used the flower icon and relabeled it.

2) In the "Layout" tab, there is a Textbox. You can drag and drop text anywhere in your garden. The only problem with this is that you can't "see" your veggie icons in the Layout tab. Also, once you've finalized your garden layout (i.e. the shapes), we strongly suggest not to change the layout as the veggie icons will not "follow" the garden plot if you change
or move it.

I would probably go with 1). I apologize that we don't have much of a flower selection at this moment. This is definitely in the works. I have created some flower icons for the program (rose, pansy/poppy, tulip shapes) but Roy wants to hold off on this because of the big database engine he is working on. Hang tight. Hopefully by mid-summer, your virtual garden on Plangarden will have this capability -- though I anticipate that your "real" garden will be quite a showcase!

We recommend going through the tutorials to see how to use the program. Its capabilities and ease-of-use surprise many people who expect something more complicated -- that we've had to show through these tutorials that Plangarden is, indeed, surprisingly easy to use! http://www.plangarden.com/manual/

Thanks for your patience and I hope the above solution works for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Happy Gardening!

Giselle

SampleFlowers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.11 KB
 Viewed:  9438 Time(s)

SampleFlowers.jpg

Post flowers in the garden 
giselle, thank you very much for your info, that really helps me a lot.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1