Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Bad Links
Post Bad Links 
Roy,
what's going on with some people posting "bad links" on the garden site? I opened one this morning in the Enhancement part and I was pretty much shocked!
I wish people would grow up and not be so rude!
After all this is a gardening site. ...
Thanks.
Tim

Post Spammers et al 
Timbob,
EEEEeeeeeeek! Roy is removing it while I'm writing this. Every now and then these @#$%!!!bots manage to get things on the forum. Just know that we despise these elements and do our best to remove them ASAP (it's 7am West Coast time). Soooo sorry we didn't catch it in time. We are changing the sign on process to hopefully permanently remove bot incursions - Giselle

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Spambots vs easy of use 
Timbob,

I have WASTED a large amount of time both fighting this with code and by cleaning up the ones that made it through. The one you saw today was to worst of them and have been infiltrating the forum for the past week or two.

I have known that a CAPTCHA image would eliminate this threat, but have resisted because it is a pain to have people read the image and enter the text to register to use the site. Today that has ended and I have installed a pretty secure one that should keep these things out. When people register they see one of the messed up images that you need to figure out what it says and type in the same text below.

I am sorry that you had to endure that, you and 4 other people saw that before it was removed.

BTW, since this thread doesn't have anything to do with the program or gardening I will remove it in the next week or two once I am sure that the spammers are gone.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1