Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Sort weirdness in Harvest tab
Post Sort weirdness in Harvest tab 
I've noticed a bug in the Harvest tab.

I have set up several rows of the same variety of a vegetable, say, broccoli. The rows are not next to each other in the list (which is the first part of my problem).
If I click on the header above the vegetables to sort the list, like items are now next to one another, but the Harvest Estimate and Plant dates in the calendar on the right are not sorted (which is the second and more troubling part of my problem).

If I turn on Plant Date and/or Harvest Estimate without sorting, everything matches what I've set up in the Manage Vegetables tab. But when I sort it, the list of vegetables changes, but the calendar view doesn't. I dont' know if the Qty or Unit columns would be sorted properly or not.

Maybe I'm not supposed to sort the vegetable list; if so, then the list should show things in a sensible order (ie, not apparently random). They're not in alphabetical order. They're not in the order that I put them in the garden. They're not in order by plant date or harvest date or estimated time to harvest. They're not in any spatial order that I can see. I don't know why they are in the list in the order they are.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Sorting out the weirdness 
Yes,
There is something broken with the sorting.
The harvest tab is overdue for an overhaul.
Currently I am busy on another project, but this is the very next one on my list.

You are correct that the plant days are not being sorted with the names, also sorting by vegetable has one key. It sorts by icon, but doesn't have a second key so it sorts by how the table was created which will not make sense to either you or me. I have to add the name to the sort to it sorts by icon, then by vegetable name.

When this is redone there will also be the option to hide vegetables. If you grow 4 brandywine tomatoes, I doubt that you would want to record which tomatoes goes with which plant, instead you probably only care that you harvested 20lb of the delicious fruit.

The Harvest tab isn't working correctly. Names and Dates do not match the Manage Vegetable tab. It seems to appear when you copy a vegetable and give it a name. The dates then do not match. To fix the names I had to go into each one and remove the last letter and type it back in. That appeared to work. As for the dates, they are matching up better but for some reason some are still incorrect.

It would be nice to be able to alter the date info on the Harvest tab.

One of the items with the wrong date has NaN Jan Nan for the Jan calendar.

Just testing right now, but will not want to purchase if it doesn't work correctly.

Just wanted you to know.

Nice job though, can't seem to find anything else for Vegetable Garden Programs.

Post Harvest tab and Daily Log problems 
jrpgjr01,

Thanks for the comments. As people are starting to use this more and more, there have been problems popping up on these two tabs.
I am not happy with how these tabs are preforming. Including for myself. I will be rewritting them soon and get these bugs worked out.

Please don't buy the software until I get this to where you want it. If you stay on the distribution list you will get an email when it is fixed. Don't worry about getting a bunch of emails. I only send an email when there are new features or other worthy news to report to users. Otherwise, keep checking in on the site or checking in with us.

Thanks,
Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1