Vegetable Garden Plot

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Plants Available
Post Plants Available 
Shouldn't all of my plant types show up in here?

I would suggest rather than listing every plant in there or simplifying down to just the plant type, that you simply base the list on all of the different unique names given to plants. That way if you had a bug in your Better Boy tomatos and not in your Ugly Ripes you can distinguish the two in your log.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Need more on this one. 
Kaleb,

I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. If you give the plants unique names, then in the log they show up and it actually save the plant id in the log. (Later reports could show all the bug infestations that 'Ugly Ripe' had versus 'Better Boy'.

I must be missing something. Please help me understand what you need as it may be a universal need that I have overlooked.

Thanks,
Roy

Actually I think it was a bug. I had added all of my plants and laid them out on the plot. Then I clicked on the Daily Log tab and it didn't show any of my plants in the list. Now they do show up when I look at them. It might have been since I hadn't yet saved and reloaded the app?

What I mean by making the plant names unique on the daily log is to eliminate confusion over which "Tomato" I'm talking about. Lets say I have two rows of Better Boys and two rows of Cherokee Purples - in the Daily Log I will have four entries - 2 of each. It would make more sense to me to have 2 entries, one for each. The reason I say that is because there is no way for me to relate which of the two Better Boys in the Daily Log correspond to the particular row in my plot.

Example:

Plants Available:
Better Boy
Better Boy
Better Boy
Cherokee Purple
Cherokee Purple
Leaf Lettuce
Leaf Lettuce
Leaf Lettuce

I think it should be:

Plants Available:
Better Boy
Cherokee Purple
Leaf Lettuce

What do you think?

Post Understand and will look for the bug 
I understand now what you see also know your suggestion and that won't be too hard to impliment. In the back, I will still associate with one of the Better Boys, but you will not see multiple enties for one plant name.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Oh no! I done lost my strawberries! 
I have strawberries on my garden plot (that will get moved to my 2nd plot sooner or later Embarassed hehe) but not in the vegetables avaible scroll in the daily log....did they already float away?? Hope you have a wonderful green day.
Thanks
Shelly

Post Floating Strawberrys. 
Shelly,

I checked and I see your strawberries. Check when you load the software and see if they are there. If they are, then I am not getting the scrollbar to adjust properly. I kinda broke a few rules to get this working and so it might only be with new vegetables/fruits being added that need to scroll.

Thanks,
Roy

Post marigolds 
Can you add marigolds? I Plant them everywhere in my garden!

Idea Also, not sure if this has been asked already:
Can you make it where the amount of space needed per plant is automatically created?
For example if you wanted to plant 48 tomatoes in beds 36" wide,
the program would make a section however many feet long that you could move into the garden.
The only way the size would change is if you added or subtracted plants.

Garden Master (CD) does something like that, but is not as easy to use as this appears to be.

Post Companion planting... 
Idea
Could you make companion planting options available?

Post plant spacing and companion plants 
Terriburke,

Both are great ideas.

My idea for companion plants is to have a (i) or information icon in the plant selector. This would contain general generic information about the plant including companion plant requirements.

As for plant spacing the idea is to let you turn on and option that would put an area around the plants that would show how much room they need. Thus a broccolli plant would have a circle around it of 18 inches to let you know not to plant anything closer than that. I could also do something, not sure yet, for rows where if you had a row that was 10 feet long it would let you know how many plants would go in that row.

Let me know if that would work for you.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Flowers added - looks like a marigold 
Terriburke,

I have added a flower icons today. Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I have been busy with other items.
You can now add marigolds to your garden.

Thanks,
Roy

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this vegetable garden forum
You can reply to topics in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot edit your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot delete your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot vote in polls in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum