Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Problem with planning mode
Post Problem with planning mode 
I am trying to plan out my garden for this year. I am in planning mode, yet when I add a plant to my garden, it shows it as planted on the day I added it. I know I will be able to over-ride this on the day I actually plant, but it is messing up when I ask for any kind of reporting as to what day I *should* be planting based on my grow zone. Is there anything I can do to get it to show me the date I should be planting instead of the day I added it to the map?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Planning vs Planting Mode 
The option you are looking for is in Options->Preferences->Planting Mode

To use this you need to have entered your First First date that is also under Preferences.

I don't really understand your answer. I wrote that a year ago, but was deliberately in planning mode because I was trying to plan my garden. I was not yet to the point that I could plant, so I didn't want to be in planting mode.

If you are saying I should be using planting mode when I am planning, what is planning mode used for?

In any case, I tried your suggestion and it didn't change any dates.

I have been using the software since 2013. Now that I've created a 2015 garden, it is still insisting on using 2013 dates for everything.

I have entered the first and last frost dates for my region - that was one of the first things I did back in 2013 and I change them each year before starting my new garden.

Post Dates 
Have you been using the feature Option -> Transfer to New Year?
This feature migrates you layout and over-wintering vegatables/trees to the next year. Then the calendar will use 2015 dates.

To clarify planning vs planting.
Planning mode uses the frost data and day before or after frost to calculate what day to plant. If you are using the software in January and you are planning for May vegetable garden, Planning mode will give you estimates for the next year.

Planting mode uses today when you add a new vegetable. This is best when you get back from planting and want to enter the vegetable data.

No, I don't transfer to a new year because I have nothing over-wintering, and I don't want to transfer the old garden to the new garden and then have to write over it all - I want to start with a blank slate each year and plan out a new garden.

Okay, so I have been using planning and planting modes correctly as you outlined them, but they are not filling in the correct dates. When I am in planning mode and I put a garden in the plot, it sets that as the planted date instead of telling me the date I should be planting. So I have to work out my planting dates myself and then after planting I have to go back and over-write it.

It seems like there are quite a lot of bugs still.....is there any ETA for when this software will be working as it should? This is getting really frustrating!!!

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1