Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Suggestions for Improvement
Post Suggestions for Improvement 
I just started using plangarden and like it a lot. I'm a dedicated organic gardener and use cover crops extensively. One thing that would make plangarden a lot better in my opinion is to be able to enter succession plantings in the "Manage Vegetables" tab and "Harvest" tab in a given year. This would provide a more complete picture when you want to start a row with peas for example, followed by buckwheat in the summer, followed by turnips in the fall. Since you can't do this in the current version I ended up using the "Daily Log" as a planning calendar for subsequent crops in the same year rather than as a log.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
I was just going to suggest this, but you beat me to it! Succession planning is the biggest thing missing from this great application. You can only have one row of each veggie in the harvest tab Sad

Post successive planting 
I do successive plantings each year. To do this use the hide/dim/show features. This way you put all the vegetables in and hide or dim from preferences to turn vegetables on and off.

Example Plant broccoli, tomatoes, lettuce in the same location. In the Plant info window click on the "Harvested/Removed" checkbox for the tomatoes and lettuce. Then from preferences use "Harvest Visibility" to either how, hide or dim the values. Throughout the year I show all, then hide the ones that are not growing. At the end of the year I can do show again to sell all the vegetables that were planted in one location.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1