Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Use of SOLAR LED Landscaping Lights
Post Use of SOLAR LED Landscaping Lights 
Hi folks,

I had a crazy idea the other day as I was laying out my garden's raised beds.

I wondered if there would be any advantages/disadvantages to setting out SOLAR LED Landscaping Lights around the boxes. I'm not sure how many I'd use. I would imagine that the right color LED would need to be considered.

Would the lights attract bugs or encourage animals to come and have a night time snack, or would they be a deterrent?

Any thoughts? Question

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Solar lights 
LEDs are great as grow lights, but you need the red, blue and/or white ones and a lot of them to make a difference. Google LED grow light and you will find a bunch. Most commercial ones are still expensive.

From that you will see that landscape lights won't help them grow. I doubt that they will impact critter crunching one way or the other. A motion detector sprinkler on the other hand can do a discourage night time snackers.

As far as insects are concerned I really don't know if they will have an impact or not. Moths like light and moths come from caterpillars. But are you really going to attract more with a few ornamental lights???

These lights will be for you. Enjoy them as they light your veggies at night.

I had some until the batteries ran out and needed replacing. They got weather worn, but still worked 5-7 years later.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1