Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
How to compensate for unheated greenhouse (winter crops)
Post How to compensate for unheated greenhouse (winter crops) 
I was just wondering if there's a way to compensate in the schedule(assuming there isnt a feature in the program) for a simple unheated greenhouse setup (just plastic and visquine over raised beds). I just got a couple of eliot coleman's books and want to give a try to the winter crops, even though it's late for starting, i figured that i might have some success with some protection. Is my question clear as mud or what? lol
thanks!

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post plan 
Did you figure it out? I was curious as to how to put in into plan but I've used the hoophouse for 2 winters now in NE PA and had very good success.
I'm trying to figure out how to do all the succession plantings on this program, but we'll see.

Post starting spring crops in hoophouse 
I figured I'd keep this topic up and hope more people jump in. I seeded chinese cabbages in December and they sprouted in February. Still growing slowly but .....Also started spinach, greens, beets, redishes, carrots in february and have carrots, radishes, lettuce, spinach starting to come up. A critter has found his way in somehow, ate most of the lettuce that was still growing from the last fall planting, but our flooding rains may have drowned him, at least I hope so.

Post No green house no problem 
I want to get a greenhouse built, but it will be a while before I get to that project.
For now I start on seed warming trays under florescent lights.
I use the new feature in the program that lets me know when I should start veggies, then I start a few before I should (Don't care if I loose a few seedlings because i was too early.

I use frost blankets to keep soil as warm as I can while it is still cold out.

Love winter gardening and will jump in to help keep thread alive.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1