Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Display as: Cluster or Area
Post Display as: Cluster or Area 
The "Cluster" or "Area" display type could act just like the plot tool and shade an area signifying a cluster of plants.

- The icon for the plant type would be in the exact vert/horiz center of the shaded area.
- Dragging the icon would drag the entire shaded area.
- Size of area could be controlled by clicking a point at the perimeter of the area and dragging to the size you want.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Re: Cluster or Area 
Cluster or area should reflect recommended space for plant to thrive/mature.

also, allow posts with user name (it said my user name, kddm, was already taken)

Post Plant area for cluster 
Dave,

Yes, I have thought of this. The easy part is for me to write the code that shows the amount of area needed around a plant. The hard part is to build the database that has the information.
At one time I saw a book that had this informaiton in it. It gave the root area of each time of plant. If anyone knows what book I am talking about, I would like to know about. I think that Square-foot gardening is based on this. This is where the number of plants per square comes in. You have to leave enough room around a plant to account for both the mature size of the plant and root base it takes up.

I think this is slightly different than what Kaleb is looking for, both are good idea and you can look forward to it in a new verion.

As far as your user name being used. I think you were in the forum as a guest and when you went to post a reply, you may have entered your username. The system saw a guest trying to use a real username, and it didn't know it was you. (I start to make this mistake a LOT!!) If I go to post a reply and see that it is asking me for a username, I know that I am not logged on and I log on. Of course I do this because I want people to know that it was really me responding. You are always welcome to post under you user name or as a guest.

Thanks,
Roy

Post re: cluster or area 
It would be great for example if you put in 30 tomatoes, the amount of space needed for them would show up and be shaded as well as stay together if you moved the plot of tomatoes to another part of the garden. This would be helpful in rotating crops as well..... might need a feature for if you are doing vertical plantings, which I do. The space requirements are different.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1