Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Squares
Post Squares 
I do like the software. Have you thought to add the ability to make grids to help with layout, a la square foot gardening.

Thanks

Post Square foot gardening fans rejoice. 
Chris,

This is the second request I have for this feature with few users, so I guess this is going to be popular.

I will raise this up in the schedule and see what I can do to add it quickly within the next week or so.
I will probably limit this feature to ONLY rectangles as other shapes would give strange results, but if you have a round garden that you want to use square-foot gardening for, let me know and I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve that would work.

Thanks,
Roy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Square foot gardening fans rejoice. 
You can now turn on a grid that will give you the boxes that will match the square-foot-gardening layout and you simply need to fill the boxes with vegetables.
Personally, I would only put one vegetable in each square and put the number of plants in the Plant Info window as to how many plants are in each square.

Happy Square footing! Very Happy
Later,
Roy

It's getting late and I'm tired, as well as new, but I can't figure out how to turn on the grid feature. Could someone please help with this?

Thanks.

Post To hip to be square 
The grid is turned on and off in the Lay Out Plot tab. This is the tab on the top left side.
Once in the Layout tab, click on the rectangle shape that you want to have a grid on.
In the Garden Layout Editor, the only window on the screen, there is a text box for 1 ft grid.

The grid only works on rectangles, not triangles or circles.
Let me know if this helps.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1