Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Changing names
Post Changing names 
This problem is sort of entertaining, sort of frustrating: When I label something on my plangarden map, sometimes the name changes to something I never indicated, even though the label on the map remains as I wrote it. For example, below a lettuce icon I used the label read 'bl seeded simpson,' but when I clicked on it, the name given in the plant information was 'red iceberg.' Moreover, the name given in the plant information kept CHANGING after I'd tried to change it back to 'bl seeded simpson.'
Interesting. Can you make it stop?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Changing vegetable names 
Spartan,

It was easy to see what was happening. It looks like you selected an variety, then edited the name. Possilbly duplicating copied the problem.
There is a bug in the software that doesn't change the select data when the name is typed. Other people either haven't seen it or ignore it.
Thanks for pointing it out. A fix will be in the next release or two.

For now I went in and fixed your garden. It should be fine now. Let me now if you see it again.
Also, when you want to edit the name, always make sure you are on the top entry, at least for now. That is the work-around

Thanks,
Roy

Post me too. 
I am really having a hard time naming my veggies also. For example, i keep trying to name my melons. It seems that no matter what i do, it won't save the name. So i type in (or select) Charentais and it keeps switching back to Crimson Sweet. It doesn't happen with all of them. Just some. My Amish Snap peas are another one i cannot seem to make a name stick.

Barb

Post Fixing custom names of veggies 
Hi,

I have found the bug and in the next version, I should have a better fix.
For now, open the pull-down and make sure the name is on the VERY TOP.
You can rename the lower items, but the program will overwrite the name when you go back to it.
The top name is special and it knows to leave it alone.

Sorry for the problem.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1