Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Add Flowers, shrubs, and trees
I just finished testing this product for the National Home Gardener’s Club. When I saw the website name, Plangarden, I fully expected to be able to design flower and herb gardens as well as adding shrubs and trees and hardscape to the designs. I was very disappointed that ALL I could do was plan my vegetable garden. Plangarden is just an online version of my garden journal. For what I could do, I was extremely pleased, however if something happens to Plangarden’s site, ALL of my garden plans and journals will be lost, so I am still keeping my book garden journal. For what we can design, I gave Plangarden the best possible review I could as it is very good given the limitation of only being able to design vegetable gardens. As a gardener of 10 years and a landscape designer, garden planning INCLUDES trees, shrubs, ground cover, perennials, annuals, fruit, herbs, hardscape, lighting and turf as well as vegetables. I hope in the near future Plangarden will expand to include all of this. The one thing that is REALLY needed is an “undo” button. Restoring to “previously saved” is extremely frustrating and takes too long. The “undo” button would be so much quicker and less frustrating. Thanks for taking time to listen.
Sincerely,
2catfans

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Veggies and the rest of gardening 
2catfans,

It is true that Plangarden's main focus has been vegetable gardening. This is because there wasn't anything in the market that I liked. The application is growing all the time and development is influenced by the forum and feedback received from users. The more feedback and input I get in an area, the more likely I will add features to meet those needs.

As far as the undo, that is something that I want to get in the software for myself. I think a stack of the last 10-20 items should be good for most cases.

Thanks for the feedback I and I hope to hear more from you.

I think it's great you're open to suggestions. And no, there isn't anything on the market like this. My veggie garden is visable from most views of my yard and that's why I think so many of us consider it like any other garden-flower, ect, in our yards. I have people that walk daily in the neighborhood stop me or ring my door bell and compliment on all my gardens or ask questions about them. I think even being able to undo the last thing you did would be great. Any extra is would just be gravy! Happy gardening! Smile

Post Undo and more items. 
Undo is on the list. I get burned by this and want this feature myself.

The desire to make Plangarden a landscaping software application is one that is interesting. When I look in the market there are many programs that are good at landscaping, but none that help vegetable gardeners.
The next version will include the ability to create your own plant types, there is nothing that will prevent you from creating a "Plant type or Genus" that you call "Lighting" instead of "Basil" then by uploading icons that look like lights you should be able to do more landscaping type planning.

For the immediate future Plangarden will be a vegetable program that will have flower and landscaping features. Hopefully I can find a spot that works for simple landscaping and flower garden planning application.

You're doing a great job with the program! Very Happy It's a daunting task! And gardeners can be demanding. Keep up the good work. Very Happy

Reply to gardening topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2