Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Shared Garden Thumnail
Post Shared Garden Thumnail 
How do you create the thumbnail icon before your name in the list? Thabnks.

Ronnie

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Thumbnails - manually right now 
Yoda,

Right now these are created by hand. I am looking at some automated methods, I will refresh these over the weekend. I takes me a few hours to do.
I am sure that others are interested in this too. I did a first pass a long time ago.

Thanks,
Roy

Post One more thumbnail done 
Sorry about the delays. Kind of strange to have all forms of communication cut of for a good part of the weekend.
I am getting caught back up with things I had planned to do then.

Thanks,
Roy

I want to share my plangarden with others.... in other forums... how do I do this? The other forum is at www.yougrowgirl.com

Post Sharing garden views with others 
shandke,

First let me say that I really like your garden. I am impressed by how you have used the software and created a great looking garden view.

If you turn on shared garden under Edit Profile everyone can see your garden here. But that is not a requirement.

Also on the My Acounts page is a new, little known way to post a link on your blog to your garden view.

Here is the link you need to add to your page:
http://www.plangarden.com/share/share.php?userFile=shandke

Here is one way to make this part of your blog:
<a href='http://www.plangarden.com/share/share.php?userFile=shandke' target=_blank alt='My Vegetable Garden Plan'>My Garden Design</a>

Attached to this post is an image you can copy and use.

Warning - Technical Mumbo-Jumbo to follow.
In version 8.0+ of Flash, which about 80% of Plangarden users use is a new feature that would allow me to automatically create jpgs and thumbnails.
This is further down on the development list, but is something I plan to get to some day. That way you can press a button and instantly get a thumbnail or image of your garden.

shandke_thum.jpg
 Description:
Thumbnail size 25%
 Filesize:  17.7 KB
 Viewed:  24068 Time(s)

shandke_thum.jpg

shandke_sm.jpg
 Description:
Small version 50%
 Filesize:  52.9 KB

shandke_sm.jpg

shandke.jpg
 Description:
Full Size garden
 Filesize:  148.26 KB

shandke.jpg

Very Nice garden planting. How do you manage any pests in your garden?
Question
Thanks.

Post What kind of pests? 
What type of pest? What type of vegetable/plant are they attacking?

Post Tell me if I'm crazy, 
But most of the gardens i see on here ( this site) are wonderful gardens but Very small, My garden i struggle with every year simply deciding on what makes it in or out for the season, and mine is 45' x 45' next year it will be 45' x 90'. I am in a wheelchair and also have a terminal lung desease. so i like to eat as healthy as possible wimply for those reasons. so a "large" garden is almost a must for me. Thank God for a little manta tiller/cultivator to help me keep the weeds at bay, oh and my 15 y.o. Son that is more than willing to run it for me. So, am i Crazy? or is the average "real" garden out there actually far larger than the one posted in here that i have seen so far?

God Bless,
Squirrelrancher

Oh, sorry i forgot what i was talking about on this particular forum, i use a product called milorganite which is a 10-10-10 fertilizer that does a fantastic job of keeping rabbits and deer out of the garden. manufactured in Milwakee I believe. ad Very reasonable price i might add! Very Happy

Post milorganite and garden size 
I'm not a professional so I can't say whether you're crazy or not, Smile but all I saw on the company's website under Products was a 6-2-0 organic fertilizer, not 10-10-10, though truth to tell I did not examine every page of the site.

As to garden size, it strikes me as a personal choice based upon many factors. Certainly the amount of land one has that can be devoted to garden space is a determining factor. Your proposed 45' x 90' garden is 1800 square feet larger than the plot of land our house sits on in the small town where I live. I've got 45' in one dimension in the back yard but it's only 23' wide between the fences. The worst part of that is that there's a 4' wide cement walkway running right smack down the middle of it. For now, anyway. Wink Other factors could be how much of one's available space a person wants to devote to gardening and how much time one has to do gardening. In my case, gardening will be a hobby among several others, all demanding more than their fair share of my time. I understand though that you probably consider it a necessity. I hope it pays off, if only by making your remaining time more enjoyable for that part of it you spend tending and harvesting your garden.

Carey

Last edited by clchilcote on Mon May 21, 2007 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorry about the mistake on the milorganite fertilizer i thought it was a 10-10-10 I apologize I'm sure whatever the website said about it is more correcter (lol) than me! Been wrong before.......hope not again, but i dont even have an implied warrantee! Lol

well it is True that as i harvest it is an amazing time, notonly am I thankful that i have something to harvest, I'm thankful I'm here to do it still! Smile
I wasnt "bashing or putting down" a small Garden there are great benifits to keeping things small if only in fertilizer, and water........Have a GREAT time in your garden what ever the size!!!!!

Anyone know if preen can be applied before carrots have sprouted? i have heard that it doesnt keep certain plants from emerging....

God Bless,
Squirrel

Post milorganite 
Hey, Squirrel, you still provided a service as far as I'm concerned. I had never heard of milorganite until you mentioned it. I looked it up simply because I wanted to learn more about it.

Carey

Post Milorganite 
I'm not sure if you noticed in your research of the product, but Milorganite is "harvested" from the human waste from the city of Milwakee. Although this may sound really quite disgusting, I assure you the stuff works well BOTH for fertilizer as well as for unwanted pest(s) in your garden. It's inexpensive as well!!! hey the rhubarb is especially tender this year and the Strawberry rhubard Jam is just fantastic! Anyone know why the Rhubarb is so much more tender this year it seems like a cyclical process to me but i havent figured it out.

God Bless,
Squirrel

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1