Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Select all?
Post Select all? 
Is it possible to select more than one item at a time? Or a "select all"? I have 3 different plots and often want to move the entire plot to a different location on the page. If I move one of the plots, I have to move each vegetable individually, as i cannot seem to find a way to select more than one at a time. Am i missing something?

barb

p.s. I love this program, btw! Last year, i planned my garden out on grid paper.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Moving Plots. 
Hi Barb,

I am glad you like to program.

I have had this request before and struggled with how to best add it. Now I am thinking that I will add a feature that will allow for plants to be "Attached" to their plot. When you move the plot, you move all the plants that are on it.

Let me know if you think this would help you.

Yes, that would definitely help. It would at least solve the dilemma of moving plots around and then having to go back and individually move each plant back into place.

I was also thinking of a "multiple-select" feature like you have in a lot of programs where you can hold down the shift or option key to select more than one thing at a time. That way, if i want to move a bunch of plants to another place on the plot, i don't have to do it one plant at a time.

Barb

Post Multi-select and plot moving for future version 
I think both are good and could serve different funtions. I will look at implementing both in a future version.
Right now I am mired in what is turning out to be the biggest conversion in the software and I don't want to commit to a timeframe yet.

Thanks,
Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1