Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Estimated Harvest Date-problem??
Post Estimated Harvest Date-problem?? 
I may not understand the harvest date feature, but for example on our Illini early extra sweet corn, it has a maturity date of 70 days. We planted on April 21, so 70 days should be late June, the harvest estimator shows very early June. Could you take a look and see if I am correct that this is off. If not let me know how this works.
Also, as an enhancement, its hard to tell sometimes when something is due. A new feature that either when the mouse passes over that area or a right click on the mouse will reveal text saying Due around June 7. Another idea is to be able to zoom the calender just like the garden, so by focusing on a smaller area, it would reveal weeks instead of months. We are really enjoying the program and look forward to future enhancements!!

Steve and Debby Heater

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Bug in harvest tab 
Good find.
The calculation seems to be about right, but the graphics are not displaying correctly. This is probably a side effect of allowing the screen to autosize.

The harvest tab is in need of being re-written and re-thought out. I probably will add a zoom and allow a 3 month window to scroll back and forth. I don't think you need super zoom and it would be confusing, but a nice birds-eye view and close-up would be cool.

You can look for this in the next few release. The big database project it taking a while, but I decided to do the whole thing all at once rather then stages, so the next version will be a big change, but be the spring board for a large array of very neat features.

Thanks for letting me know and keep the suggestions coming.

Post A couple more... 
This isn't in the harvest tab, but falls more under aggravations.
1. When I start plangarden, my garden does not show up. Its probably due to where I drew the garden when I first started, but have too much time invested to start over. I have to zoom out to 1/4, find it, scroll over, and then zoom back in. Starting with the last view on screen would be a nice feature.
2. A couple days ago, I noticed some of the plots were not where I wanted. I went back into lay out plot, and moved them. When I went back into manage vegetables, the plot had moved, but the veggies had not. I went back and moved the plots back where they were. It would be nice to be able to move the veggies with the plot, and not just the plot.

Steve

Post Moving Garden around 
Steve,

Moving gardens is something that I always wanted to do, didn't have the time and nobody asked.
I will go ahead & move your garden this weekend.

You are correct that plants are not tied to plots. This is something that has been requested before and needs a little work from my side to do it the "right" way. Flash can detect collision and know that items are on top of another. There will always be a problem if people have overlapping objects in their garden, which many people now have, and trying to make sure the vegetable sticks to the right one.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Garden moved 
I have moved your garden. Now you start with the garden in the top left corner.
Also, the "Reset" button on the zoom bar is handy because it will restore to the top left corner.

For those the read through the forum, here is a tid bit.
The next version will have the zoom and pan information saved so you will always start where you left off. As of this weekend that is now working.

Later,
Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1