Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Frost dates
Post Frost dates 
Hi,
Our zip code(49858 and zone 5a) leads us to a NOAA site that is 20 miles away and approx 15 miles inland from a bay off Lake Michigan.
I'm a block off the bay and our frost dates tend to be earlier in the sring and later in the fall. the NOAA site says 06/17 and 9/20 but for us the approx value is 05/18 and 09/29 respectively(these dates are an average from 10 years of weather data and the percent chance of frost I have not calculated). I've used the "recalculate" button and I get planting data for the start but I have no idea if I was doing sucession gardening if the fall date is true. Is there a way to "lock in" the dates as whenever I log out and then in the date refers back too the NOAA dates?
I'm starting to adapt your program to my gardening efforts (before your program I used one called Garden Boss which was tailored to square foot method and I still do) and find your program to be superior in all aspects. I don't know why I didn't stumble upon it sooner... and actually that is how I found it...stumbling around the internet gardening spots.
Thanks for continuing to refine the program!
Tim

Post Frost dates off a little 
I will see if I can get you a quick fix for this next week.
Also I am working on exposing a map with all the local NOAA locations. There might be one that is geographically farther, but closer to mimicing your environment. Any place with elevation change (which I might be able to mimic), but micro-climates and lake effects are much harder for a computer to figure out without a lot more data.

Thanks,
Roy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1