Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Zooming and Panning Feedback
Post Zooming and Panning Feedback 
Post any comments, questions and ideas that you have on this feature.

It is expected that this feature will be live in the next few days.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Firstly; this is going to make a real difference to using Plangarden, and it works really well.

A few comments I would make, which are only tiny:

I'd have preferred scroll bars rather than panning, but I'm probably in the minority here.

As far as I can tell the zoom is zooming in and out from the centre of the plan. would it be possible for it to zoom in/out from the item you've got selected?

And not directly related to the Zoom function, but something that it's thrown up; would it be possible to have a zoom function for the description of each veg in the same way that it is possible to change the size of the icon?

These are only little things, overall I love it.

Goth G

Post Scrollbars and Plant Zooming 
Good Feedback.

I think I like scroll bars more than panning, but scroll bars will take a bit more work.

Zooming in on selected plants is a good idea, and I have gotten that feedback elsewhere.

Text Zooming makes a lot of sense since at the smallest range you can't read anything.
The other option I thought of was to have the text scale larger as you zoom out.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

I'm just starting to use Plangarden. I'd like to be able to edit my plot size. My garden areas are spread over 330' in width, but only about 100' height.
The zoom tool seems to take me to the NW corner, which is all the way out of my gardening area. Veggies are "born" offscreen and I have to go hunting for them, then zoom takes me back to the NW corner. ARGH!
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Franna

Post Zooming and lost veggies 
First on missing veggies. This is a problem that we have fixed in and are doing some final checking before releasing on the site either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Zooming will go to the top left corner when there are no objects selected.
Once you have an object selected it will focus and that and try to keep it in the center.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1