Vegetable Garden Plot

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
printing the garden plan
Post printing the garden plan 
Is there a way to print the garden plan?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Printing now and future. 
I disabled the default print to get ride of the rewind function in flash (which caused bad things to happen)

There is the default print from the browser that will work now.
Press Control-P and it should bring up your printers dialog box. To look good you should change the setting to Landscape, otherwise it will cut off the right edge. Let me know if you have problems with this.

I will look into adding a print feature into the software that will make it easier and do things like remove the highlight from the last selected vegetable.

Thanks,
Roy

Perhaps its a sign of my own computer incompetence, but my printout covers only about three inches across the top of the page and looks pretty dismal. Pictures like this will not impress the Mrs.

Post Printing problems. 
Phillip,
I know if I don't impress the Mrs., then I am not doing a good job.
To help me understand your printing problem I need to know how you printed.
Did you use the print button on the top middle of plangarden, or did you use the Cntl-P print function?

I threw the print button in quickly using a built in feature in flash. For me it worked, but the results were less than stellar (Didn't impress my Mrs. either). The Control+P also prints, and seems to be truer to what you see on the screen. If it is the print button that is causing your problem I will take it out and try to replace it with the Control-P type print feature (of course that may not work on Macs.

Also
Did you flip the orientation to Landscape?
Also what printer and OS are you using?

I have access to about 1/2 a dozen different printers, so I can't emulate everything, but I will do the best I can with what you provide.

I have a HP PSC 1350 and use WindowsXP. I tried both print methods, they both led me to my own print function which gave me a tiny version of what was on the screen. I notice too that any way I print i get everything onscreen including the tabs up top.

Post First thing to try to fix printing problems. 
Phillip,

It is true that both methods take you to the same window. Different data has been sent to the window, but you won't be able to tell until we get this solved.

I have an HP 5550 and was able to find a button that made it work.
First you should see a dialog box appear that allows you to select your printer.
From there select "Preferences"
For my HP print driver there is a tab called "Layout" select that.
Look for a check box that says "Scale to Fit" or maybe "Scale". What you are trying to do is to get it away from doing raw pixel printing and get it to fit on a page.
This may bring up another window that gives you to options on scaling to a percentage or based on the size of the document. I selected the first of these options and it worked fine.

If this doesn't work describe what happens when you follow these steps.

Also if you get a screen that doesn't make sense, you can email it to me. Roy at plangarden.
Normally on a PC keyboard there is a button "Print Scrn" about your "Insert", "Home" and "Page Up" keys. With your screen clear of any other clutter hit this key. Next open up Microsoft Word and use Ctrl-V to paste it. If you double click the image you should be able to crop rotate or otherwise prepare the document. Email that to me and I will take a look to see if I can recognize what print driver HP is shipping with the 1350. I have seen many a HP print driver in my time, hopefully it won't get this this.

Thanks,
Roy

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this vegetable garden forum
You can reply to topics in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot edit your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot delete your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot vote in polls in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum