Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
daily log
Post daily log 
have found in 2007 that when I put in an action and comment in the daily log, save it, it states that it has been saved that when I come out of the programme that the action has not been saved.
Also, have sent an e-mail to you about this - the action log for 2006 has been clered out although the garden plan etc is still there.
Would like to have retained the log for 2006 as it would be useful for future years to compare and contrast but also as I'm in the UK have spent the latter months of 2006 preparing my garden and sowing my over winter onions, garlic and spring cabbages.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Fixed issue. Looking for Bug. 
Thanks for letting me know you had a problem.
It was easy for me to fix this since there are backups made every time you save a garden.
I haven't located the problem yet, but anyone else that has this issue, please let me know and I will restore your log information.

Post daily log 
thanks for fixing 2006 for me - however 2007 entries I have added just, and saved, for which i get an ok are not being saved.
Alan

Post Hang on for version 1.16 
Since you now know that there are now problems with me recovering data, please hold tight as I am in the middle of code for version 1.16, which has the zooming and panning feature.
I will find and fix this in that version and restore your lost data.

Thanks,
Roy

Post thanks 
many thanks Roy - still love this software!

Post Daily Log 
I have lost my entire daily log except my last entry. It appears to have happen when I started entering on the second page (for printing purposes)

Is this normal?

Thanks

Post Daily log disappears 
rdko,

No, this is not normal. I don't think it had anything to do with starting the second page. It looks like an illegal character got in there some how. I will investigate.

Good news is because this is a web app and I save all the data, I have restored your daily log and you are back in business.

Please let me know if this happens again. SOON the new database will be in place that should eliminate these odd exceptions from happening.

Post Daily Log entries gone 
Hi,

I hate to join in on this one, but I just went into my daily log for the first time in a couple of weeks to make some updates, and only one of my previous entries was still there. Not sure why -- they all showed up last time I had checked, and I always save before closing the screen. I'm not on a second page of entries (yet)... Could I add myself to the list of those requesting entry restoration from the backups?

Thanks much,
Nora

Post Fix coming soon 
Hi Nora,

Sorry for the problem. I will get this file retrieved a little later today.
This issue should be fixed in version 1.19 that is on the site and is being tested by users.
You can include yourself and test your garden by using 1.19 once I fix it.
There is a link from "My Accounts" to the beta vesion.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Permanent fix to saving issue. 
Saving had another problem that is now fixed in the beta version 1.19.
Tomorrow I willl look at pushing out 1.19 as it is superior to 1.18 and has this critical bug fix.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1