Vegetable Garden Plot

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
plot dimensions
Post plot dimensions 
I have a plot 45' by 50' The input field does not except my dimensions when I enter data. It displays the numbers 40x40. Why is this happening?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Plot size limitation 
Sorry about that.
One - I need to place a warning when you hit the maximum size so you know what has happened.
Two - For now I will increase this so you can work on your garden. New software will be ready today and released.
Three - In the future I will add a zoom function that will allow MUCH larger gardens. The reason for the current limitation is since I don't scale items in the garden and there is no zoom, at sizes above 40x40 the vegetables appear too big. I did rough scalling calculations of pixels per foot and wanting vegetables to take up about 1 foot per vegetable. This is where I limited the software.

For now realize that in the beta that I DON'T have all the documentation and nice warning messages that this needs. Please don't get frustrated (I know I probably would be), but instead send me an email or post a message to the forum or fill out the "Support" forum (All send me an email).

Thanks,
Roy

I had a similar question. My old garden plot was only 10' x 18', just enough for two people. But when I added all the selections from the menu, but still need a few to add, my garden was expanded to a larger size. Does that mean I spaced my selections too closely together and need to expand my garden? This is my second year as a gardener, so I'm really really new at this.

Thanks
Morganna

Post Garden plot layout resizing 
The program is designed to have you first create your garden layout then place the vegtables in the garden. So there is no relation between vegetables and the garden plot just to the location on the screen. So if you change the plot size after you have placed vegetables you will need to move your vegetables.

In the plot layout it will rescale to try to fit all the plot objects (squares, rectangles, circles ...) as they are resized, but not when they are moved about or removed. You can use 'Auto Size Garden Area' to make everything fit on the screen when you are done, but again remember that your vegetable plants don't move with this action so you will have to move items a bit.

In the future I plan to have a "Lock Plot" or "Lock Garden" feature so you can't edit the garden by accident.

Post Accommodate Large Plot Size 
Hi Roy,

My garden is an ambitious size...roughly 60' x 100'. So far I haven't been having a problem sort of scaling things down, but I would really appreciate it if future releases could accommodate a larger plot size. Thanks,

Angie

Post Plot size.... 
My garden is 30x90. Since the program wouldn't let me enter that,
I duplicated a 15x45 which actually works because I have 4 beds at one end
and 4 beds at the other, and it is easier to view side by side on my screen.
Hope this helps.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this vegetable garden forum
You can reply to topics in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot edit your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot delete your posts in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot vote in polls in this vegetable garden forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum