Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Printing
Post Printing 
I want to print my garden plot, but it comes out very tiny and fuzzy. Any thoughts?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Printing problems. 
Sorry about the problem. There is good news - you should be able to get a good print of your garden by following these steps.

First, use Control P (Ctrl+P) instead of the Print button. This uses the brower's print feature instead of Flash's. Someday I will have the program try to access the Browsers print feature instead of the one built into Flash that I currently use. (Easy to do, but it will take a bit of testing.)

This will open a Print Dialog box.
Press on the button for Preferences.
First Change it from Portrait to Landscape. This varies from printer to printer, but it is normally a radio button.

Next look to see if you printer has a checkbox, pulldown or radio button that allows it to scale to page/fit page/strech to fill page.
You may not need to do this, it depends on your printer and how you want the final output to look like.

Hmm, maybe I should make a little demo just for printing. It is in one of the current flash demos burried and near the end.
Here is the link to the demo that has it included, Click near the middle of the green bar, then click PLAY (bottom left button) to fast-forward to it.

Thanks,
Roy

Does Control+P still work? tried it whilst using Firefox and nothing happened.
Like spicesea1I get 2 inch strip across top of page (Portrait)
Similiar situation when trying to printout daily log.

Cheers

Post Printing in Firefox. 
There is a problem with Firefox not getting the Control-P message.

There is a cheap easy work around.

Right Click in the upper left corner of the active window. Slightly higher and to the left of the Layout tab.
This happens to be in the HTML region of the page and deactivates Flash for a moment.
Then click on Control+P and the print dialog box will appear and give you better results.

I have messed around a bit with Flash and can't find a way to bring up the browsers print dialog. I have a few tricks that might work, but it will take me a day or two to get to it. For now the work around should help.

Later,
Roy

Post Re: Printing in Firefox. 
[quote="roystahl"]There is a problem with Firefox not getting the Control-P message.

There is a cheap easy work around.

Right Click in the upper left corner of the active window. Slightly higher and to the left of the Layout tab.
This happens to be in the HTML region of the page and deactivates Flash for a moment.
Then click on Control+P and the print dialog box will appear and give you better results.

Cheers that works Laughing Laughing

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1