Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
green manure
Post green manure 
what about a sign or vegetable sign for green manure?
or a plot just for crop rotation

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
I have put it to Roy in the past that it would be nice to treat soil area as different layer that way you could indicate area that has been manured as well as giving guide for crop rotation and areas left fallow.
I dont understand the prog well enough to know how exactly how it works regards looking back on selected dates.

Post Crop rotation and a cheap fix for marking areas 
Crop rotation will be something that I will work on and have ready for 2007. Since this is the first year of the program I didn't put crop rotaion into the first version, but in the database that I am currently working on I have already added a field for this.

If you work your garden be regions. Example if you have a garden that is 20x20 meters, and you work it as four different regions, rather than making your garden out of one big 20x20 meter square, you could create your garden with 4 10x10 meter squares. Then you could color code the regions if they were resting, growing greem manure etc. then at the bottom of your garden put very small squares with text next to them that acts like a legend or tells you want you have planned for each area.

If you are looking for the program to do more for you than this with dates and so forth, please give me an example of how you work your garden and what type of feature would help you.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Re: Crop rotation and a cheap fix for marking areas 
thanks
by the way exelent program have been looking for something like that for a long time
very good
dominique

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1