Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
English post codes (zip codes)
Post English post codes (zip codes) 
When will there be an update to cover post codes in England?

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post English post codes 
I would really like to add English, Canadian and Australian postal codes.
For the US I found postal codes that translate from the zip code to a longitude and latitude.
Then I found weather station data that was freely available the had the locations of weather stations and the probability of last frost date.
If I can find the same for other countries, I have all the code in place to handle them.

Since this is now a requested feature, I will start looking around a bit more and see what I can do to find the datasources needed.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Re: English post codes (zip codes) 
cdhandley wrote:
When will there be an update to cover post codes in England?

Think/hope request is for UK post codes Very Happy Very Happy

Post Zip codes 
Am not sure whether this is the correct way of commenting on this issue, nevertheless, here goes:
Although my request relates to Australia (ie. Australian postcodes), I would also be in favour of seeing an upgrade to incorporate zip codes from other countries.
I note that the last request was over a year ago - can we look forward to seeing a response sometime soon? Very Happy

Post Thanks for keeping me honest 
Hi yilgiddie,

I appreciate people using the forum to communicate issues.
Yes, it has been a long time. For the US it was easy to find the databases that I needed and they were free of charge.
For the UK I did some searching but initally came up with nothing and got distracted.

As I searched again today, I found at least some form of weather database for the UK and the organization in Australia that might be able to help. I will get back to getting this data for you.

It also appears that Google maps API will return longitude and latitude for postal codes. I had some success with the UK and 100% success with Australia by adding AU to the 4 digit post code.

I will try to squeeze this in as I am working on other things. There has been a HUGE surge in users from both UK and Australia, and it makes me happy to see international support of my project.

Thanks again. Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1