Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Starting Seeds indoors for transplant?
Post Starting Seeds indoors for transplant? 
Hi there! I am a new user. I was wondering if there is a way to track your seed starting, noting variety, date planted, the seedlings progress, etc. I guess it can be done in the daily log, but I don't see "seed starting" as an option there. Am I missing something?

Thanks
-Rachel

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Seed Starting Records 
I've been keeping mine in the daily log, too. I just put the "plants" in the green house (though all of them are still indoors under lights right now), and then keeping some detailed records on a form I use in OneNote.

I think it would at least be nice to have a seedling Icon, too. Glad to see someone else on here! Very Happy

Post Seed starting 
Oh! -- just re-read your message. I do 'plant' these seeds in plangarden, and use that to track each plant, with start date, variety info and such in the usual way.

Post Recording Seed Starting 
This is my first year with Plangarden also. My current approach is to add them on the garden layout, usually just dropping a placeholder at the bottom of my plot and recording the started seedlings within the vegetable properties. I then go to the log tab and reference that plant and use the greenhouse icon to record any additional progress. Later when I know where the plants will go in the garden, I simply drag and move them.

I don't know if this is the best approach, but so far I like it because it links all the seed starting activity to the plant.

Post Starting indoor 
I use an area just outside my garden to show items I started in a greenhouse, but I do the same thing you do. As I know were they go, I place the vegetable next to the garden bed where they will be.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1