Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Another Request
Post Another Request 
Hi Roy. First I want to tell you I love what you have done here. I do have another couple of requests if possible:

1. Is there a way to put in a blank field in the variety drop down so that we might manually write the variety information in if the type we are planting is not already listed?

2. Can you add Cowpeas to the veggie list and in the herbs add chives, cilantro, parsley and dill to the variety list, that is if you are not able to do the #1 request ?

A big thanks for your attention regarding these requests and keep up the excellent work. This is a lot of fun and very useful.

Ronnie

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
You can already do this. Just highlight the "type variety or choose" text in the variety field and type your own variety.

Still would like to see Cowpeas listed in the veggies though. Smile

Post Cowpeas for all 
Do you mean that you want it added as a vegetable TYPE that has its own icon or a permanent vegetable VARIETY?

Also there is another cheat that you can use for adding it as a vegetable VARIETY. If you want to put in many Cowpeas, you can create one and then use the "Duplicate" funtion in the Plant information window.

If you want it added as a plant TYPE, that currently takes a little more work, but not much. I have to find an icon for it and add it to the program.

BTW if you are looking for Cowpeas added as a variety, I can do that quickly. BUT this is the next big project that I am working on. I have a large database of vegetable varieties and I am working on a vegetable selector customizer so you can select from over 300 vegetables varieties and put only those that you plant in your vegetable selector. I think this will be a great feature. Over time I hope to build a full database with all the information that you find on seed packages in the database. I have plans to go way beyond this, but I think I have let enough of the cat out of the bag for now. Just be sure that what you see today is just the beginning of this project.

Thanks,
Roy

I was thinking as adding Cowpeas as a seperate vegetable, I have always considered them in their own group and vegetable seed companies seem to give them their own category, but I guess I could use the pea or bean veggie icon if creating one is too much trouble and just type in black or pink cowpea. Thanks Roy for the fast responses!

Ronnie

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1