Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Large Square Foot Garden last year 2009
Post Large Square Foot Garden last year 2009 
Here is a Pic of my Garden last year the squares are 4x4 the tall fence was free shelfs from my dad (i think a store sold them to him) peas pole beans pumpkins and cucumbers melons and watermelons up that 6 rows of sweet corn in middle the Orange fence was for bunnys (did not have problem that year used Cats kitty litter around Fence seemed to work Great) I live far from the next house smell not a issue
this year Bigger Garden and a few more fruit trees.

garden 09.JPG
 Description:
Garden 2009
 Filesize:  125.18 KB
 Viewed:  19881 Time(s)

garden 09.JPG

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Nice! 
That's a nice garden! How deep are your beds and what did you do for the soil in each?

first year as SFG so did not want to put to much $ into it just in case do not like so i tilled the land then on a tarp mixed in year old pheasant dropings some vermiculite and some peat from my dads Farm used some 1x1 from our building site just as frames and layout then took mix and put in squares about 4 to 6 inch deep ( i live in min so my soil has the best mix of clay sand silt and a right ph for most crops ) took frame off turned upside down stapled black garden frabric then layed back down cut my holes in each square planted and watch grow this year i will get 2 x 12 for all my 4X4 squares the long wood bed is 2x12 with scrap wood to divide up the raised beds for most of the Berrys and plants that will not move year to year. see garden plan
thanks for the ? happy garden to you!

Post Awesome garden! 
WOW. WOW. WOW.

OK, time to close mouth before fly gets in.

I also looked at your Plangarden layout - incredible. Any chance you can put up a pic of your domed house, too? It sounds soooo cool.

We are going to install solar this yr. and planning lots of things on our new property. Am curious to see how other people have laid out their home and garden. Love the concept of the garden home retreat e.g. http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php?id=4

We're also excited about building a greenhouse that will be warmed by solar-heated water pipes that will run either on the floor or along the walls, not sure yet. Need to do lots of research here.

Thank you for sharing!

Gigi

ok heres a pic of the Dome we are building our selfs from a kit 36 foot dome done outside not done inside yet.15"walls with R-value of 44 Shakes are recycled soda cans and after 60 to 100 years can recycle them again.
we will build the other side after the house paid down a little, and the 120year old house is gone.

3.JPG
 Description:
Dome home with frost
 Filesize:  84.2 KB
 Viewed:  19839 Time(s)

3.JPG

Post Wow again 
We are amazed with this construction. 15" walls ... incredible. The soda can roof might make our house a sauna in the summer (avg. temp around 101F in the summer), but what a great idea for cooler climates!

Thank you for sharing. We'd love to contact you separately for more info, if that's ok with you Smile

Best,
Gigi and Roy

Post yes you can email me 
Aluminum is durable, lightweight, won't rust, and has little maintenance. An excellent conductor, aluminum also has a radiant heat reflection of 94.5%. A test house with sections of the roof shingled with various materials was 19 degrees cooler under the section with aluminum shingles than it was under the fiberglass-shingled section.
Aluminum shingles will not "hold-in" the summer heat, as will an asphalt or fiberglass shingle. On a hot summer day a ##### roof is cool when it's cloudy...or after the sun has set, a ##### roof will cool completely within 5 minutes -- no matter what the color! This thermal control assures you of reduced cooling and heating costs when compared to other roofing materials.

do i send my email over the post or can you look up? then i will give you the web sites for the dome and for the shakes or could post all that info in post if not a conflict of selling. just info if some one buys i do not gain any $ just great for the planet.

1 bricks free from dad
2 two layers of garden frabric
3 Squared off

Dirt.JPG
 Description:
old barn bricks free from dad
 Filesize:  169.22 KB
 Viewed:  19205 Time(s)

Dirt.JPG

Frabric.JPG
 Description:
2 layers of garden frabric
 Filesize:  116.19 KB
 Viewed:  19204 Time(s)

Frabric.JPG

done.JPG
 Description:
Squared off with window blinds
 Filesize:  210.49 KB
 Viewed:  19203 Time(s)

done.JPG

Cucumber fence.JPG
 Description:
cucumbers
 Filesize:  28.76 KB
 Viewed:  19202 Time(s)

Cucumber fence.JPG

Peas will grow up and roots stay cool with White mulch.

peas white.JPG
 Description:
Peas
 Filesize:  29.04 KB
 Viewed:  19201 Time(s)

peas white.JPG

pole beans will grow up and light and air will go thru and frabric will keep down weeds and less water

Pole beans.JPG
 Description:
pole beans
 Filesize:  158.65 KB
 Viewed:  19200 Time(s)

Pole beans.JPG

Potato bags made my self with 15 year garden frabric (cut, fold, sew like pillow case, roll down, fill with dirt place potatos in ) when potatos grow keep placing more dirt on them and unroll bag. end of season dump bags pick up potato and store bags flat and clean.

potato bags.JPG
 Description:
bags
 Filesize:  33.91 KB
 Viewed:  19198 Time(s)

potato bags.JPG

White mulch for cool crops (roots stay cool do not bolt as soon)

White for cool crops.JPG
 Description:
White
 Filesize:  107.98 KB
 Viewed:  19197 Time(s)

White for cool crops.JPG

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next