Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Need feedback on my Share Garden
Post Need feedback on my Share Garden 
Hi folks,

I am planning a new garden that utilizes raised beds. I will use 2X12"s and counter sink the interior of the boxes about 4 ", so the total soil depth should be 15-16" deep. I plan on using tomato cages, built from wire mesh, and wire mesh lean-to's to support the vegetables.

I also plan to plant companion vegetables, herbs, and flowers.

It's been a long while since I've done any gardening. Could a few experts take a look and see if you notice any potential issues.

Note - I will start most of my veggies in the house and then transplant. I like big root balls when I transplant.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Cool Garden and my comments. 
The circles show you how much are the plant might take up. But in the case of the cantelope and watermelon, you might find they need even more room.

If you don't mind them going out into your yard, then you are OK, just be prepared to loose a bit or all of your walkway if they do well.

Looks great and I LOVE the grass background. VERY COOL!!!

Thanks. I am hoping to use PVC lean-to's for the melons, so they are growing up as well as out.

Post My Garden has disappeared! 
Hi Roy,

When I went to my garden today, it has disappeared, or become totally corrupted when I opened it. Is there a means to restore it from an older version?
Sad

Post Once again, I panicked 
Hi Roy

Sorry, I fixed it by exploring the interface and selecting my garden.

I promise to search for all answers before I panic again!

Just as an aside, I tried out the Veggie calculator today, and after entering some of the veggies, I realized that I am probably planting too many tomatoes and not enough peppers. Great utility.

As a suggestion, would it be possible in future versions, to auto-calculate the crop output, based on the scale chosen by the user and the cropped selected? I am thinking that this data would be displayed in another popup window.

Just a thought...

Thanks again for a great product.
Steve

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1