Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
time-lapse growth ability
Post time-lapse growth ability 
wouldn't it be totally cool, to have a way to watch your garden "growing", i.e., being built from start to finish over time? starting at the first planting date (or some other date you store about the garden plots), the planting dates could be the trigger for the runtime engine to make the veg appear as in a video, or timelapse photographs, in the runtime garden (like when you pick the ladybug of someone else's garden in SharedGardens), one after the other, until the current (or chosen) time. i could watch my garden or someone else's, as it was being built, between any two dates or all dates.

betcha regret "Enhancement Requests" now xSad

this came from wanting to have an "automatic" daily log, other than the manually-entered one we currently have. so, perhaps another more doable enhancement/specification-crept idea would then be: to automatically make entries into the DailyLog whenever you add a plant to the environment.

ok, i'll stop.

dave

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Grow timeline 
This has been brought up on a few occasions in a few different ways.

I have thought about this and have a few ideas how to implement this in a meaningful way. It is a ways down the road now.

At one point a few years back the software was set to auto-log dates, but it filled the daily log and caused more problems then it solved. It will be a while before this functionality is added back. If it returns it will probably be an option that could be turned on and off.

If you use 10 icons for your lettuce, you don't want to have 10 entries. (that kinda stuff)

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1