Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Milpa design for layout..
Post Milpa design for layout.. 
Is there anyway to implement milpa design in the garden layout..

[milpa information here]

About 1/3rd of my garden is dedicated to milpa mounds, and it would be nice to see those laid out as circles with corn, beans and squash icons..

thanks

tj

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Milpa 
While I have seen this is many gardening books, I don't recall ever seeing the name milpa. Often gardeners talk about the benefits of growing corn and beans together.

As far as Plangarden, there are many creative ways to do this.
1) would be to place the corn in your garden and put the bean and squash icons around it. Then go into the layout editor and add a circle for the mound.

2) would be to place the corn in your garden and turn on the Plant Spacing feature. "Options"->"Preferences" and set Plant Spacing to show. Adjust the size for what you want to use in your garden.

Thanks for the link to this as a gardening technique. Always like to read more about gardening and history.

Ok, that will work, I was just hoping to build up a complex model for one mound, that had all the info included, like type of veg & seed count per veg.
Then be able to either duplicate the complete milpa, OR treat it like a veg, and define the spacing.. Cool

BTW - when I went into layout editor & created a circle 2.5' on diameter, when I click on duplicate, it creates a circle 3.75" in diameter?? Is this expected behaviour? Confused

Shouldn't it duplicate the object as per the preset values?Question

thanks
tj

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1