Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Save Bug...
Post Save Bug... 
Roy,

So I had an interesting one this afternoon. I'm working on a laptop on a wireless connection and the connection dropped while I was saving. If I try to save again, the flash application says "please wait for saving to complete." The status bar at the bottom of the screen says "looking up www.plangarden.com..." So, this has me at a point where I'll probably have to close the application and redo all the changes I made today to recover from this. I think that your save function needs some sort of a timeout so that if there's a problem saving, it doesn't lock up the application. It should probably report to the user that the garden was not saved, so that the user knows to try again if there was a problem on their end.

David

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Safegaurding save. 
I think I can come up with something that would allow you to re-save if a fail seemed to save.

hi, saved today but does not appeared to work. I saved as I worked but only an early one worked.
Dougie

Post Saved data restored. 
Hi Dougie,

I don't know what is happening, but I see two times where you have saved and gotten partial informaiton in the save.
I have restored your data back to the last save where the garden data looks the most complete.
That should get you back and running.
We are looking into what happened and why.

Thanks,
Roy

Post Another save issue 
I keep getting a pop up that says "Save Took too long - Possible network error - Try again" This started yesterday afternoon. I click ok and a few seconds later it pops up agan. Then I can work for a few minutes before it comes back again! I'm not even trying to save anymore. It has sucessfully saved since this error first began. I have logged out and restarted my computer. It keeps coming back. Sad

Post Save error message 
Hi,
That looks like a slight variation of the problem that was reported earlier.
I will look into that and see.
Just know that your data is being saved correctly. The message is firing when it should be.

I'm getting the same "Save took too long" message. It happened yesterday and again tonight. Can't update and save my Daily Log.
The Recent Updates page shows my garden was updated but not so.

Richard

Post Should be saving the data 
Even though you get the error message, it should still be trying to save the data.
I will increase the timer and see if I can make it so it does still get a success if it later succeeds.

If it is not saving data, please let me know.

I tried adding log entries again this morning. Same message. The Updated Gardens page shows an update to my garden but it my entries are not being saved.

Richard

Post Garden saving 
Just went into your garden and tested saving.
I was able to add an entry and save successfully.
There is an new version that should be out by this weekend and I will add some features to try to get around this problem.

You can still try to save data and trying a second time may work. It could just be a network error or a slow data transfer that you are seeing.

How many failures are you getting in a row before you give up. Knowing this does help understand the extent of the problem.
Also, it is one item you are adding of several.

I tried four times last night, at least that many times the day before. This morning I only tried once before going to work.
The first two times I was only trying to save one entry, today I tried to double up and add two.

I saw what you saved. I deleted your entry and I was able to add and save successfully.

Thanks!
Richard

Post New version for saving 
Give it a whirl now.
It is hard for me to verify since I can't reproduce, but I did try a few new things to account for large files and data transfers.

I saved as I worked but only an early one worked.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1