Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Remove Garden Areas
Post Remove Garden Areas 
I have been trialling the software today and have created an additional garden area called Test to see how it worked but having now created it - cannot rename or remove it - is there a way to do this myself? (Sorry!)

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Double check before deleting 
Currently we don't have a way for you to delete your garden.

We can do that, but first I want to double check and make sure that this is what you want to do.

Reply back and confirm.

(We store backups of all gardens indefinitely, so even if we delete the wrong garden by mistake, we cal always recover it.)

Post Please make Delete Area a user feature 
Hey Roy,

I would think that for administrative convenience, it would be more efficient to make Delete Garden Area a user feature.

Since you have backups, you could quite reasonably charge for restoring a backup, if the user makes an error.

I just wrote you to get my 2008 Test Drive plots deleted.

Thanks,
Ken

Post Delete garden feature on the short list 
I hear you loud and clear and will put this on the short this for features to be added.

In three years I hardly ever got requests to delete gardens, so I figured that one request here one request there wasn't going to be too bad. But now more requests are coming in and I am happy to give that ability to users.

My guess is that the new multi-garden area feature is what is what is making people realized that if you can add additional areas, you need to be able to take them away.

My thought is to allow deleting of any garden except the one that you currently have loaded. If you only have the garden you are on, you can always just start over and it would be the same as deleting.

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1