Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Total Layout CHANGED--What a mess!!
Post Total Layout CHANGED--What a mess!! 
Hi

I don't know if it was from a change in the software, or if it was from sharing my 'share link' and allowing people to SEE my garden, but I came online to work on my gardens tonight and OMG what a mess!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Everything was still there, but not where I saved it. And all the vegetables and flowers that I had worked for HOURS to put in their places were all over the place and I had to grab and move the page down to get to them, move them a little, grab and move the page down to get to them, move them a little, etc and spend HOURS again just to get everything BACK in place. Ok. So now I FINALLY have everything BACK where I saved it before, and have saved once again. If there is another software update, or someone views my garden again, am I going to have to go through this entire mess again??

I know what you are thinking, there is an option to go back to the last saved spot. After changing several things back as they originally were, I found that option and tried it. Sorry, but it doesn't work, at least it didn't for me, all it did was take me back to the same mess I had before I started fixing it all. Also there was a bunch of new stuff added on my garden page. All kind of vegetables I'd never heard of and certainly wouldn't have put on my page.

HOW do we prevent things like this from happening?

Also, another thing I noticed was, when I changed the view size, it didn't change the size of everything, just the 'plots' and not the vegetables/flowers the fit IN those plots. That sure doesn't help either, then you have to resize everything every time you change your view size. UGH.....HELP!!!! I am by no means a NOVICE computer user, and this is driving me CRAZY!! I'm ready to give up on this program and go back to graph paper. At least your pencil lines and plants don't move around, or resize themselves.

Thanks for listening and I hope you have some solutions. Evil or Very Mad

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Items moving in the garden. 
There should not be a way for anyone other than you to save your garden.
PLEASE let me know if you see this happen again. I am going to look through the log files and saves on record and see if I can detect any problems or hacking into your garden.

Also, PLEASE let me fix any problem that occurs in the software. Let it be my problem and not yours.
The system keeps a copy of every time you save the garden and I can go back can look/recover at any save you make.
If there is a problem with resizing, which I think there is, I will work to fix it.

Unlike software that you buy and you have to live or work around issues/bugs. Plangarden is a dynamic evolving program that I want to make helpful to vegetable gardeners.
I do care about the program and people using it.

Thanks, and believe me that I want to make sure things that happened to you don't happen and if you need me to recover to help fix data, I will do that.

Thanks,
Roy

I too have been witnessing strange issues related to saves and plot changes. I started to lay out the gardens, and saved before closing. I reopened ti check that my saves were there, and they were. WHen I reopened again today, everything was moved about into different places. I really want to be able to use this software, but I need it to be helpful and not an extra level of headache. It looks like the best garden software around....if it will just work for me than I will purchase it.

Thanks,
Russoul

Post Looking at moving gardens 
I will look into this today and see if I can figure out what happened.
If you can let me know what moved, it will help me a lot.
Is it vegetables are plots?
Which one?
I looked at your garden and I am now going to download the log files of previous saves to see what changed when and see if one of the moves doesn't look right.

It was the garden plot. I have not had any further problems. It seems like things are staying put now. maybe it was an error on my part?

Thanks,
Rus

Post Keeping us posted of problems. 
Hi Russ,

I just downloaded and was about to start looking at when I got this message. Since I already downloaded the data, I am going to sift through it a time or two and see if I see anything.
Gut tells me there is probably something not right, but it is a special case and I may need to know the exact steps if you see it again.

There are 7 garden saves as backups that we store, so I am very cautious with peoples vegetable gardens. Remember that mine is one of them Very Happy

Let me know if you see any other strangeness.

Post Layout Mishap 
This just happened to me also. I made a couple of changes and saved. I closed plangarden, came back to it after awhile and the grid, layout, border...everything seems to be messed up. I think the last thing I did before it happened was click on the Harvest tab (just looking around) then went back to the layout and everything had changed. Do you think there's anyway to get it back? - Thanks, Kent

Post It was fine yesterday :-( 
I go to check out my garden today and the layout is all messed up. I tried to go to a reverted version and it just loads the same messed up layout.

What can I do to do get my garden back?

Here is a screenshot of the messed up layout.

Mine is a mess too. The veggies are where I left them, but the plots have moved. There are also lots of strange lines that I had nothing to do with.

Richard

Post Tracking bug 
Hi,

Thanks all for pointing this out.
We are currently looking at this bug and trying to fix.

1. It isn't as bad as what it looks from what I can gather at first glance.
2. All the problems reported seem to be the same issue.
3. There are back ups of all the gardens, but I am not sure it is an issue of restoring a backup, rather how it is rendering the garden.
4. We will not stop until this is corrected and all the gardens reporting this problem are fixed.

Thanks and we will be updating as we work on this issue.

Post Fixed up gardens 
The gardens have been fixed.
If you see any more issues, please let us know.
It was a simple yet costly error. But we keep backups of every save and in two different formats.
There is a chance some final touch-up is needed. Just let me know and I will go over your garden and make double sure it is correct.

Roy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1