Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Help understanding the plot plan for beginning the garden
Post Help understanding the plot plan for beginning the garden 
Hi All Cool

I am new here and very excited to get started! I have a snag I was wondering if someone could help me with?

You know when you first start your plot? Well I have an 80x30 area that I want broken into 4 plot plans 20x8 each for easy tracking for rotation purposes....I can't seem to figure out how to break it down in this software correctly.

Do I make 4 separate garden plots or do I do one big one and break it down inside itself in the program?

Ideally I would like to track them as plot A, plot B, etc....instead of having one big square and trying to manage it that way. From what I am understanding so far..and I may be wrong...you can only have one garden plot plan? right? or wrong?

I know this sounds confusing....but if anyone out there can understand what I am asking....please I would be grateful for any advise you may have. I am about to burst waiting to plan and get started outside before the weather here is too bad and I am scrambling in the spring. Smile

Thanks and happy gardening....Amy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
What you do to have 4 areas is you make 4 Confused gardens

Well, thanks....I thought you were only aloud one garden. I didn't even think to start more. So simple Rolling Eyes

Post New multi plot feature in Plangarden 2.0 
I would suggest is to try Plangarden 2.0.
In our new version you can create multiple plots.
The software is still considered beta, but has proven to be very stable and usable. (I use it for my garden now.)

http://www.plangarden.com/app/version2beta.php

I started the 2.0 and I must say I like it alot and am in the middle of it right now....I have run into a snag when I went to hit save it says "Alert" and some numbers across the screen and then the ok button to push....I push the ok button and hit save again and same thing? Does anyone know how I can save this or am I doing something wrong? Is this the right area to post these questions?

Thanks all....Amy

I noticed the numbers across the Alert box are all in a straight line and with commas and ( ) if that helps any....kinda of reminds me of an Access formula or Excel formula to create things? Hope that helps a bit.....thanks Amy Cool

Post Real error for Plangarden 
It looks like you found the first real error for Plangarden 2.0.
Not bad considering the number of people using and testing.
I checked the log files and I can see about where the error happened, but I can't reconstruct it.
One of my goals is to have the software look out for itself as much as possible.
I have updated the scripts so it will email me the error codes so I can rebuld your data if needed.

If you could try again to repeat the steps you took.
Also if you can let me know what version of Plangarden you are running (located in top right of the screen) I want to make sure it isn't caching it.

Sorry for the problem, but I am working to fix the errors and handle errors better.

Thanks,
Roy

No apologies Very Happy I like the creating part it's fun....and it's worth working out the kinks because I like it better than the earlier version....

I have another garden going in the other one to keep me busy and having fun for now and I'll keep playing with the 2.0 and let you know how it goes. I am glad I found this site. Thanks for taking the time to create for others. So in another 6-8 months we can exspect the virtual tour version where I can take a lesurely stroll thru my garden before the work is done.....like in one of those car driving games I see the kids play where you can change your view and see things from different angles Cool but instead of a race car...yours could be a golf cart that strolls thru the person's pathways in their gardens Cool

Wow that would be a cool program....better get crackin Roy! Idea

Thanks for the quick reply.....Amy

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1