Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Garden Pics
Post Garden Pics 
Hey there folks...been very busy with the garden and starting a new job. the garden is done!! WOOHOO!!! For now that is. I just started the seeds for my fall crops, but figure I have a couple of weeks before the Tomatoes attack and then I'll be in canning he...heaven, that's it Wink

Instead of posting all the pics here, I thought i'd give you a link to my flickr photostream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26041056@N07/?saved=1

I changed the plan a little from my original design. I didn't get the Kentucky Wonder Beans in with the corn because of the long hours I was working so these have been moved along the central pathway where the cabbage was going to be. The second crop of corn didn't happen for the same reason, plus I'll need a separate store house for all the soaker hose I have Smile

More pics will be added shortly...Happy Gardening!!

Post nice garden, loftyes 
loftyes,
a very nice garden, indeed! i just bought (Spring'09) the "Jumbo Garden Combo" from Baker Creek Seeds. i'm pretty psyched, there's one of practically every possible vegetable, and 20-30 different melons, tomatoes, greens, and peas/beans each!

i like your cuke-house, great idea. i may try the black paper and drip-line watering system this year, too, that looks pretty slick, and keeps things a lot neater. i basically try to prevent weeds by close-planting, and pull the biggest, but, it's those very weeds which are bringing the minerals up from the deep soil, so, they can't be all bad ;^)

good luck in '09!
dave

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post LOVE the bean house! 
I love that house! I am so totally going to copy that - I hope you don't mind - but its great! Now that I know what "indeterminate" means (lol) I can plan my garden a little better instead of make-shifting something mid-season

This year is my first year of trying to make a "house" for pole beans. I just criss-crossed 6' bamboo poles and its too low to be any good, so I'll do a few of these for the beans, peas, etc. Thanks!

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1