Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Couple of ideas
Post Couple of ideas 
In playing with the program a bit, there have been a couple things I thought of that may, or may not help in enhancement. I know the importance of keeping it simple and quick. I personally would prefer performance to unnecessary comforts.

A square footage/meter calculator would be helpful for knowing how much lime, topsoil, fertilizer, etc? would be needed rather then guest-a-mating. It is easy to calculate for normal squares or circles, but as you add niches, and odd shapes, it becomes a lot more difficult.

Add color to plots, or even adding textures. I am unsure the effort and complexity make adding this kind of feature worth it, but for those trying a different soil tactics, tracking crop rotations, etc? it might work. Just an idea I had in passing.

-Otterpaw-

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Post Square meter calculator and color plots 
There are two things that come to mind for a Square foot meter. One is to change the dimension data on the bottom of the layout window in the Layout plot size to show total garden area and selected object area instead of the amount of space on the screen (this is more for my benefit than users.

For colored plots, this is the second time this idea has been mentioned, so I will look into it as it is not that hard. I will start with a simple selector and only make a more complex one if people really like it and use it a lot.

Neither of these ideas will impact performance much. As you have used the application for a while, you know that the biggest performance issues that I have are in the very first draw of the screen and some of the updates in the harvest tab. I had performance issues a long time ago with other parts of the applications, but they were ironed out in early alpha releases.

Thanks,
Roy

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1