Vegetable Garden Plot

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1
Works great - must be something wrong - compost
Post Works great - must be something wrong - compost 
Hello All
Well, we have had a pretty lousy spring here in Southern Illinois, cool weather and then about 13” more rain than normal so far. So I’m trying to “restart” the compost pile. Generally my first mowing in the spring leaves me enough clippings to get it back going again. (five acres of grass leave a lot of clippings) well anyway this year I was not as dutiful in picking up the clipping as I should have been and they dried out. So with the lack of nice fresh nitrogen the pile just kind of sat there. Since I live in the country I have a septic system and once a month I add this stuff called Rid-x (I might have spelt it incorrectly) but it is supposed to help maintain the good ol' “bugs” that break down the ……….. stuff. So I figured hey what about the compost pile, same difference right? Well is seems to have kicked things off very well. When I go out to turn the pile once a week it is “steaming". So does anyone know the product, and is it ok to be “eventually” used around food.

View user's garden forum profile Send Garden forum private message
Hi Don~ You can probably ask the experts at Rid-x themselves. They have a website at www.rid-x.com

Looking forward to finding out if they have any insights!

Hey (slap to the forehead) good idea to write the company. Just to let you know I havewritten them and have not heard back yet, I will post here when/if I hear from them.
Thanks again.

Smile Hey, when you're busy gardening letter writing and emailing doesn't always come to mind! Hope your gardens aren't soggy!

Post i like 
Well, we have had a pretty lousy spring here in Southern Illinois, cool weather and then about 13” more rain than normal so far. So I’m trying to “restart” the compost pile. Generally my first mowing in the spring leaves me enough clippings to get it back going again. (five acres of grass leave a lot of clippings) well anyway this year I was not as dutiful in picking up the clipping as I should have been and they dried out. So with the lack of nice fresh nitrogen the pile just kind of sat there. Since I live in the country I have a septic system and once a month I add this stuff called Rid-x (I might have spelt it incorrectly) but it is supposed to help maintain the good ol' “bugs” that break down the ……….. stuff. So I figured hey what about the compost pile, same difference right? Well is seems to have kicked things off very well. When I go out to turn the pile once a week it is “steaming". So does anyone know the product, and is it ok to be “eventually” used around food.
chi flat irons
chi hair tools
chi hair straighteners

Reply to gardening topic Page 1 of 1